After Denim update can't view WP video on my PC, error : Windows Media Player C00D1199

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe ( well I can knowing how f 'ed WP can be ) that my all my videos shot with Lumia Camera 5 can no longer be viewed on Windows Media Player or edited on Movie Maker. WTF ?
Is there a workaround ?
Even programs like "Any Video Converter" won't allow me to drag and drop that file to covert it.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe ( well I can knowing how f 'ed WP can be ) that my all my videos shot with Lumia Camera 5 can no longer be viewed on Windows Media Player or edited on Movie Maker. WTF ?
Is there a workaround ?
Even programs like "Any Video Converter" won't allow me to drag and drop that file to covert it.

VLC should play them.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
VLC should play them.
Should or 100% sure ? :smile: but thanks I'll download it and give it a try.
But even I can view them I can't use Movie Maker to make good easy edits.
"F" MS, they screwed up, didn't even know Lumia Camera 5 MP4 videos wouldn't play with their own media player it must be missing a codec for the slightly different file Lumia 5 MP4's use.
I'm kinda sick of Windows Phone, too many compromises, and for what ? being not an iOS or Android ? :wink:

Last edited:

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Should or 100% sure ? :smile: but thanks I'll download it and give it a try.
But even I can view them I can't use Movie Maker to make good easy edits.
"F" MS, they screwed up, didn't even know Lumia Camera 5 MP4 videos wouldn't play with their own media player it must be missing a codec for the slightly different file Lumia 5 MP4's use.
I'm kinda sick of Windows Phone, too many compromises, and for what ? being not an iOS or Android ? :wink:

well VLC plays my LC5 videos. Not having an example of yours I can't test thus can't be 100% sure but it SHOULD play them :p

Good luck :)

update:

I have found that the "video" app (xbox video I guess) in Windows 10 Preview (PC edition) as well as the Windows Media Player in Windows 10 (shows version 12.0.10011.0) plays the LC5 videos just fine so I think it's more of an issue that the Windows Media Player in the older OS's is not being updated with the advanced MP4 codecs that LC5 now utilizes rather than something being inherently wrong with LC5 itself. Given that later (and more up to date) versions of windows' native player as well as 3rd party players such as VLC can read the files just fine, I'd say the product team in charge of windows media player (and perhaps movie maker as well) is either dropping the ball or they've made a conscious decision not to backport the advancements made in the newer products.

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
well VLC plays my LC5 videos. Not having an example of yours I can't test thus can't be 100% sure but it SHOULD play them :p
Good luck :)

They dropped the ball. Windows whether it be 7 or XP or 8 or 8.1 seem to accommodate a lot of past years and formats. Not everyone is going to jump to 10, just like you can still buy new laptops with W7 Pro... and they were built this year. And yes it's not Lumia Camera 5, it's that MS didn't update the WMP to accommodate the advanced MP4 codecs. Facebook process my concert footage of my cousins' (singer songwriter) touring band.
( CD with Dave Krusen -(Pearl Jam) on drums, Rami Jaffee, keys ( Wildflowers 13 yrs and Foo Fighters) Jessy Greene violin ( Wilco, Foo Fighters, Pink and The Jayhawks) Jason Roberts lead guitar ( Nora Jones' guitarist) Executive Producer Rami Jaffee) :wink: without issue, but WMP can't even play it !

https://youtu.be/RnJP1ppcuz4

Yes guilty of shameless promotion...but not of self !

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs