RM-983 ATT Unlocked - Can't Change Forwarding Number

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any ideas...

It seems even unlocked the phone won't admit it is not on ATT.

In network+ I can not access call forward options and it is interfering with my YouMail/ISeeVM combo. That service is tied to my number and I don't want to discard the service while I test drive the 830 for a couple of weeks. The work around is not optimal, but at least YouMail will send an mp3 to my email... A slight delay and a hassle.

What I would like is a way to get in and set up ISeeVM properly. It works for getting the calls, but I can't configure the App on the phone as the option to change the forwarding is missing.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK... Partially solved. I still can't access the Forward options through network+...

However, ISeeVM was able to configure after I went into Field Test > Settings and disabled ENS (Enhanced Network Selection) and rebooted.

CCComboBreaker

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Any update on this? I'm using an unlocked 830 but on T-Mobile US and can't access the Call Forwarding features either. I followed your steps to disable as well, but that's as far as I got.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any update on this? I'm using an unlocked 830 but on T-Mobile US and can't access the Call Forwarding features either. I followed your steps to disable as well, but that's as far as I got.

So it never allowed me to access the Forward settings, but it allowed an App to do so.

Try downloading/installing/configuring the T-Mo VVM App... You may not be able to get it since your phone is not T-Mo branded. In that case use the 3rd party solution I use. IMHO it is 1000% better than the T-Mo offering anyway. (Had them both.)

On the web sign up for YouMail: Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail
On your phone install the officially sanctioned ISeeVM App: ISeeVM for YouMail | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Everything is free and you just need to set up once to run this on any device with the same number (can transport this service to new phone along with your SIM or ported number.)

If you turned off ENS then the ISeeVM App will be able to log you in and configure.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Access call forward: Applications > phone scroll down to Call Forward. I have an unlocked 830 on TM. Network + says SIM says call settings but it only has SMS character set on my 830...go to Applications > phone. Note: you have to set call forward with TM first I believe. AND if you're trying to set up Visual Voicemail...TM has to do that also.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Access call forward: Applications > phone scroll down to Call Forward. I have an unlocked 830 on TM. Network + says SIM says call settings but it only has SMS character set on my 830...go to Applications > phone. Note: you have to set call forward with TM first I believe. AND if you're trying to set up Visual Voicemail...TM has to do that also.

Thanks, Mr. Lebowski... I see there is a place to forward all calls so your mobile does not ring but goes instead to your home phone or uncle Steve's house or whatever... But your mobile will never ring. Also a voicemail box number that is configurable... That could probably be found on this T-Mo help page: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4180

But I don't think that gets the user VVM.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Mr. Lebowski... I see there is a place to forward all calls so your mobile does not ring but goes instead to your home phone or uncle Steve's house or whatever... But your mobile will never ring. Also a voicemail box number that is configurable... That could probably be found on this T-Mo help page: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4180

But I don't think that gets the user VVM.

VVM has to be enable by the carrier, in my case that's T Mobile, I think I mentioned that.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
VVM has to be enable by the carrier, in my case that's T Mobile, I think I mentioned that.

And as I stated earlier it is via App. I don't think you can get it on a phone not labeled T-Mo. I had a T-Mo 925 with their VVM and when I went Factory Unlocked with a 1520.3 I was shut off from VVM and just had regular voicemail. That's why I got onto YouMail + ISeeVM so I have a solution that stays with my number no matter where I take it carrier-wise or phone model.

Were you able to get T-Mo VVM on your device? If so how?

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
And as I stated earlier it is via App. I don't think you can get it on a phone not labeled T-Mo. I had a T-Mo 925 with their VVM and when I went Factory Unlocked with a 1520.3 I was shut off from VVM and just had regular voicemail. That's why I got onto YouMail + ISeeVM so I have a solution that stays with my number no matter where I take it carrier-wise or phone model.

Were you able to get T-Mo VVM on your device? If so how?

I think I said, in fact I said :wink: T Mobile has to enable it...(by calling CS)
I got it on my old 810 the same way. You have to have T Mobile to enable it.
It's always been that way. It's ( ON /OFF ) in Settings >Applications > phone but you can't turn it ON/OFF without the carrier enabling it first and you have to call customer service to do that. BTW my Lumia 830 is an unlocked/unbranded phone sold by Telus Canada, so doesn't have to be branded T Mobile phone, the phone only has to have the ability to have VVM.

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, OK, now you did say. It was a bit foggy before.

AND it doesn't have to be a T Mobile branded phone ( if you missed that bit read my post above yours :wink:) And I'm using my original number since I was in Hawai'i...the new unbranded phone was just enabled by TM to use the VVM feature already on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers