Windows phone 8.1 update 2

Aaron Price

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Why does it take so long for Rogers wireless to release a phone update? By the time I get update 2 windows phone 10 will be released

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure its been released to any Lumia officially other than the new ones that shipped with it.

(The people who have it used a sort of workaround via the Windows Insider program where sometimes, instead of upgrading straight to 10, it'll upgrade to Update 2 AND THEN 10. But one can hard reset the phone and stick with Update 2.)

Well, the carriers do slow down the update process typically, but I don't think they have the update to release yet.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Believe me, you do not want this update. Every Lumia i've tried that had Lumia Camera 5 along with gets completely destroyed. I am so pissed about these 2 "updates".

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You can get it today if you have post Denim update from Rogers. Enroll in W10TP and select fast ring. The first update it downloads is Update 2. Uncheck automatically download updates in the phone update section to avoid downloading W10TP after Update 2 is installed. Again, be vary of what xandros9 mentioned in his comment. I've tried it personally a month ago and it definitely needs the post Denim firmware before it starts downloading Update 2. Also the update is stable and fast enough for everyday use, no noticeable bugs whatsoever plus battery life did improve slightly (I may be wrong on this)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234