830 camera suddenly stopped working, intermittent

Yohan D

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey Buddy ( C LaBelle ), I'm facing the same issue as you, mine started in the first month of use itself. I gave it to the service centre, they got it fixed (I Don't really know what they did, they didn't replace the device though, but they wrote an older firmware version to the phone which I updated to after i got home) , it worked well, but three days later , that's right , three days after they got it fixed the problem started showing up again, i would like to know what was done about your device, did they just replace the camera module or replace the whole device itself, And after have you ever faced that issue ever since?

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Took the phone into the Microsoft store and they swapped it out after I explained what happened and everything that i tried. Setting the new phone up now.

I swapped mine out through att when it had issues with its screen. Wish I had done it through the Microsoft store now. They gave me a referb. Work great, but still.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my 830 from Amazon when they had the 830/Fitbit combo available for free on contract, so I purchased from Amazon. I don't know if ATT would have exchanged it because I didn't buy it from them. However I am lucky to have a Microsoft store (not much of a store front, more of a kiosk in the middle of the mall) about 20 min away. I took it there and they exchanged it completely with a brand new phone. Took it out of the box, traded phones and that was it. I did have my invoice from Amazon with me to show when it was purchased but they can also look it up with the IMEI number on the back of the phone. Since the exchange I have not had any camera problems at all. We will see how long this one lasts versus the first one. If you have a MS store near you I would just go there. It's a MS phone so they have the authorization to just swap it out. If you send it in for repair you are looking at 10 days at least without the phone. ATT might help if you bought it from them but I think they have a 15 day return window and after that all problems are handled with MS. If a soft and hard reset didn't solve your problem then you don't have any other choice but repair/replace. Good luck!

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just started having this problem with Nokia Camera on my ATT 830. First, new pics weren't appearing in the photo album for hours after being taken. Now, the camera crashes every time I take a photo. This does not happen when I use windows camera or Sight, only with Nokia camera as the default camera app. I've had the phone since it first came out, with no camera problems until now. From reading this thread, does not seem like there's a fix. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
"...This does not happen when I use windows camera or Sight"

Wait, so your problem should be only with Nokia camera app, try to unnistall it and then reinstall from Store. Or even reset your phone.

John Gmt

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I have only three month old new lumia 830, After two month my Lumia camera says " something went wrong ".
Now I can't use my back cam.
I have Tried 1) Soft Reset
2) Hard Reset
3) Software Recovery Tool But Nothing Happened anything. CAMERA SAYS " SOMETHING WENT WRONG"
Any Solution of this..

Major sam

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
i got the same issue since i updated my phone to windows 8.1 update 1. then i tried all the following

1) hard reset
2) lumia recovery software
3) updated to windows 10 preview

well as i read most of the places only solution is replacing the phone. but one place i read uninstalling lumia camera application and installing camera application can solve the same. i tried this and boom it works but as i shot first pic. after i opened my camera again same problem.

now i am confused as i traveled back to my home country and i checked through lumia help and tip warranty period and it told me your device is out of warranty now its because i am in different region or i have really pass one year warranty.

can any one help me on this if its hardware issue the why the above solution works for one time. if its hardware then is it main board issue or just camera module? can changing camera module solve the issue?

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
i got the same issue since i updated my phone to windows 8.1 update 1. then i tried all the following

1) hard reset
2) lumia recovery software
3) updated to windows 10 preview

well as i read most of the places only solution is replacing the phone. but one place i read uninstalling lumia camera application and installing camera application can solve the same. i tried this and boom it works but as i shot first pic. after i opened my camera again same problem.

now i am confused as i traveled back to my home country and i checked through lumia help and tip warranty period and it told me your device is out of warranty now its because i am in different region or i have really pass one year warranty.

can any one help me on this if its hardware issue the why the above solution works for one time. if its hardware then is it main board issue or just camera module? can changing camera module solve the issue?

I don't know what can be said about uninstalling apps as far as a fix, but I do know it's a hardware issue. Whether it's a circuit board issue or camera module issue is well beyond my knowledge or abilities.

Mirakle

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Not always. But I was on holidays and was only using the original charger with the original cable when it happend.
Do you think it's related? That's interesting. :)

Rafa mbz

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Not always. But I was on holidays and was only using the original charger with the original cable when it happend.
Do you think it's related? That's interesting. :)

Kind a felling that this charger is too fast charging. Only with the original wall charger my 830 heats.
When I charge in Usb or with my IPAD wall charger , the 830 don't get any warm at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos