MS destroying my phone, how to downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So, a little more than a week ago i exchanged my 753 for a 640. Big mistake! GDR2 and Lumia camera 5 makes the 640 an ubearable piece "#?%&" to deal with! (Read my review of the 640 here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-640/343966-lumia-640-user-reviews.html#post3095419) So, i got an 830 instead. Now only problem is, that this too got the Lumia Camera 5 which i do not want. (lucky for me no GDR2). But....

I've tried everything, even resetting from scracth ignoring all my backups and my much needed stuff from the past (texts, etc), thats how bad i do not want Lumia Camera 5, but.... Now the phone installs that (Lumia Cam 5)) from scracth no matter how i boot up again.

My question is? How can i top MS from destroying my phone?

And how can i downgrade to Lumia Camera 4.9.3?????

PS: I am so tired of this stuff first they completely smashed Creative Studio and they're updating app left and right in order to make it easie for peope coming over from Android. Now.... with GDR2 and the new apps.... It's like being bombed back to my first ad only android phone he HTC HERO. It's embarrassing, thats what it is! HELP ME!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try Camera360 Sight or ProShot. There are more camera lenses than Lumia Camera. You should probably check some of them out.

I'm looking forward to LC5 on my ATT branded RM-983. Rich Capture is a nice feature and I want DNG on my 830. I use LC5 on my 1520 already, so it is not as if I have not tried it out...

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
None of these options are good enough. Lumia classic is a loading festival before it even opens. Rich capiture is a joke, especially when it spends a good 3-5 seconds on the other end of each picture you take before you can even view them.

What happened to those good old microsoft cameras, where you could just swipe to go back and view what you took. Why do they insist on making it dumber, slower and worse. Don't fix what ain't broken!

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
change your default camera to something else.

what is your beef with Camera 5? Many folks around here are jonesing for it pretty badly.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
change your default camera to something else.

what is your beef with Camera 5? Many folks around here are jonesing for it pretty badly.

It takes 2-5 seconds to preview photos after you take them and it auto adjusts the contrasts no matter what you do. New focus ring is annoying and slow. I am though using the Lumia Classic instead ofcourse, though here the camera now takes even long to boot into. It's almost as if they made Lumia Camera 5 faster by taking the load screen and add it to the end instead.

Plague or Cholera. Really.

Overall I'm just sad to see sooo many downgrades with better and better hardware. It should not be like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos