The Creation of Issues

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
When I heard about the Critical Update being released to Lumia 830's and Lumia 930's, I thought "great, if some people are having issues it's good that Microsoft is fixing them." But I never had any issues with my Lumia 830. Hardware and software-wise it was very sound, with no issues except for the design quirks I detail in my full review.
However, after this "critical update" was installed on my phone, I started having random crashes and freezes! What kind of update dedicated to solving random crashes and freezes gives a perfectly good phone the issues it's trying to solve?
Even worse, when the phone crashes you can't turn it back on with the power button. You have to remove the battery.
When the phone freezes you have to remove the battery.
One time I removed the battery after a crash and when I put it in and held down the power button it took nearly a full minute before I felt the little vibration.
And, now the capacitive keys are having issues as well. I had issues with them when I had a screen protector but after removing it the keys worked fine. Now they don't work sometimes from the lock screen. That's where I use Cortana the most, from the lock screen, and now half the time the button won't even work.

There are serious issues with this critical update.

holymell

May 11, 2015
Visit site
The exact thing happened to me! My 830 never froze. Never. I also had to remove my battery to reset the phone.

My capacitive buttons are also acting up.

I've never had issues like this until after the update! I thought the same thing: It's creating the very problems it claims to fix. Why is this happening? I'm kind of irritated.

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up an 830 on sunday and the first thing it did was download and install the critical update. These last three days I have yet to have a problem with the phone. Sucks to hear that you guys have that problem.

holymell

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up an 830 on sunday and the first thing it did was download and install the critical update. These last three days I have yet to have a problem with the phone. Sucks to hear that you guys have that problem.

It's been better this past week. Seemed like it was kind of messy for a few days. Mine is actually back to normal now 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans