My Lumia 830 has a bent aluminum frame, could this be a manufacturing defect?

djule

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 830 bent aluminum frame

I've recently bought Nokia Lumia 830, and couple days after I've noticed that aluminum frame is slightly bent in the upper left corner, but there is no marks of scratching or physical damage. So I took it back to the shop and they've told me that it's a physical damage and the warrany doesn't cover up expences for repairs. Is it possible that it is a manufacturing defect, because if I bent that frame the screen would crack and there would be some sings of damage. Can I somehow prove it was made like that or am I f****?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 bent aluminum frame

difficult to asses your problem without a picture. Do you have one with the phone lying flat on a surface? I would think that a bend in the frame is something that is noticeable both on the screen side and the backplate and should have been noticed at the time of purchase. But I am assuming a measurable bend. Of the 10 or so L830s I've seen I never noticed anything like this (we have two here at home). Even with sitting on the phone I have a hard time imagining bending of the frame as it is pretty solid. If the bend is small you do not necessarily have to see cracks in the coating or in the screen. The screen is actually flexible to a small degree as well (it's pretty thin).

Other than physical damage to the frame as was suggested the only other root cause might be residual stress in the metal that released after it came out of the manufacturing process.

We don't know what shop you got this from but another place to make your claim is MS/Nokia.

Irrespective, can you show us a picture of the problem?
good luck

djule

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

I bought it in Belgrade (Serbia). I was so angry when I came back from the shop, so I tried to bend the other side to see if maybe it bent in my pocket or something, but the frame is strong and I think it could only have been either made that way or something happend to it in transportation.20150627_205025.jpgFotografija0014.jpg20150627_205049.jpgFotografija0017.jpg

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Are you sure that isn't iphone6+?
No, jokes aside, best option ,,was" to open and check phone in store. It's obviously problem in manufactorning.
If everything is alright try to ignore and use phone, if not sell it on ,,kupujem prodajem" and get new one. They are cheap.
Srecno!

djule

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

Hvala, uzet u Tehnomaniji i oni prebacuju odgovornost na servis a servis opet na njih i tako u krug. Jedino me brine da mozda ne ispadne ekran ili se odvoji jos vise.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hvala, uzet u Tehnomaniji i oni prebacuju odgovornost na servis a servis opet na njih i tako u krug. Jedino me brine da mozda ne ispadne ekran ili se odvoji jos vise.
Nadam se da je uređaj popravljen pravilno i blagovremeno.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

djule

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

Nije popravljen na zalost, u kazu da servis mora da odluci da li je fabricko ostecenje ili ne a u servisu kazu da mogu samo da konstatuju da je fizicko ostecenje i da oni nisu forenzicari da mogu da utvrde da li je fabricko ili ne. A da ga poprave kosta skoro kao nov telefon.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I bought it in Belgrade (Serbia). I was so angry when I came back from the shop, so I tried to bend the other side to see if maybe it bent in my pocket or something, but the frame is strong and I think it could only have been either made that way or something happend to it in transportation.
wow, that is upsetting and significant. I would very kindly try all my options with MS/Nokia and the shop again. If they all insist it is not under warranty then the last thing I would try is to take the screen off and very very carefully bend it back with an extremely carefully padded vice. I know a machinist at work who I would consult with this and I am sure there are ways to bend this back. I do not know whether there are any "how to" videos on how to take the screen off similar to my old L920.
I understand your frustration.

btw. can we keep this in English please? :smile:

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Yes, i understand that ,,tehnomanija" deny false unit, and shop won't admit, still, don't quit. Force them, tell him that you will sue them. Ask to talk with their menager..be upset costumer!
You brought new phone with false part, demand new one or free repair.

djule

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

They delivered it to my home adress because they didn't have it in the shop, the box wasn't opet but it wasn't sealed either. I'm going on monday to scream and shout and let it all out :)

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

They delivered it to my home adress because they didn't have it in the shop, the box wasn't opet but it wasn't sealed either. I'm going on monday to scream and shout and let it all out :)

Do keep your composure and stay cool. Screaming might not help anyone and may strain the relationship between both parties, making it harder to resolve an issue. Think of the long run my dear friend. Anyways hope you get it all settled :) If it fails, its probably time to write an email or letter of complaint.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

The frame on these phones isn't too hard to bend. If you are going to bend it back into place, don't put pressure on the LCD, which could damage it.

I would not recommend taking the screen off to bend it back. It can be done, but it can mess up the screen too.

djule

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

Nothing helped, I even contacted customer protection group, and basically they told me I'm f***, so I sold it and bought 930. And now I have another problem, my signal reception is extremely weak, when I'm at home I get 2,3 bars at the most, but also lose reception often. So I did some research and found out that it could be due to coaxial cable (antenna) or something like that, so again I have to go to store so they can take it to repair shop and that will take at least a week, and my backup phone is N73 so that's gonna be fun

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Nothing helped, I even contacted customer protection group, and basically they told me I'm f***, so I sold it and bought 930. And now I have another problem, my signal reception is extremely weak, when I'm at home I get 2,3 bars at the most, but also lose reception often. So I did some research and found out that it could be due to coaxial cable (antenna) or something like that, so again I have to go to store so they can take it to repair shop and that will take at least a week, and my backup phone is N73 so that's gonna be fun

Is your signal issue on the 930? There are a couple of possibilities for that. There are two antenna cables in that phone. They run along the outside of the phone, and end down by the charging port on the bottom.

There are two lines on the bezel near the bottom. If you cover those when you are on a call, while holding it, it can affect your reception.

The other option would be an unsnapped connection. If the battery has ever been removed, there is a snap connector for the antenna on that side that is easy to knock loose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05