Phone rings at full volume while listening to music. How do I disable this?

doofgerk

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I love my 830, but one issue is driving me nuts.

I listen to music on the phone while taking the train into work. The train has a "quiet zone" so I keep volume fairly low. If I get a phone call for some reason the ringer volume doesn't only come through the headphones, it rings on the phone itself....at full volume! I get some pretty surprised looks when it happens.

If I hit one of the volume buttons while the phone is ringing, it just mutes the phone entirely. I don't want to leave the ring volume off as I sometimes forget to turn it back on when I get to work and disconnect the headphones. If muted, I don't hear the phone ring and miss calls.

Surely there must be a setting so the phone rings through the headphones only, while they are plugged in.

Would love some help with this.

Smart_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
While the headphones are plugged in press volume up or down so the drop down menu appears, then press the arrow on the right. Now you'll see a volume slider and underneath it there will be a vibrate on/off (left) and a ringer on/off (right) button. Put ringer to off so it doesn't ring. But when you remove your headphones it will automatically get unmuted.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Same here. You can turn the ringer off while listening to headphones, and the phone will vibrate, but it won't ring in the headphones then either. So if you have your phone somewhere you'd not feel the vibrator (not too hard with the weak vibrator in the 830), you'll miss all sorts of calls. One area I hope they fix in Win 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12