Nokia 830 using Bluetooth, why do I get a faint beep when calls come in?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia 830 using bluetooth to recived calls only a faint beep in ear piece

when driving and Bluetooth is on, if someone calls me I only get a very faint beep in my ear. So I miss a lot of incoming calls. Yet when I get a text message the music I play to alert me; comes through the ear piece.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia 830 using bluetooth to recived calls only a faint beep in ear piece

The phone itself has nothing to do with the volume of the beep in your ear piece. That's your ear piece. Most headsets have a volume control. You can try turning it up to max volume.

This is why I researched several headsets before I purchased, and made sure I got one that I could hear.

Ringtones for phone calls do not play through the earpiece, but alert sounds for other notifications will, like messaging, reminders, etc. That's pretty much standard across Bluetooth devices. They each have their own built-in ringtone, usually a series of beeps that can't be changed. I have yet to find a Bluetooth accessory that allows me to customize this.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nokia 830 using bluetooth to recived calls only a faint beep in ear piece

There could be a few reasons for this so I'll try to offer a few options. Have you turned on driving mode at all? If active when it connects to a specific Bluetooth device and mutes all app notifications and depending on the settings calls and SMS as well. Also have you tried changing your ringtone? The setting is found in settings > ringtones and sounds and try using a tone preinstalled. Hopefully that helps or at least rules out a few possibilities. If you need more help you can register and reply to this post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon