Unlocked RM-083 fails to connect to the internet via data.

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
I recently bought a locked RM-983. I unlocked it about a day ago and I am experiencing these problems.

Data does not work on T Mobile for me. I have full LTE , but still do not have have any connection to the internet. I still can connect to the web via WiFi, but not through the cell service. Calls and texts work for some reason....

Is it because of some APN setting? If so, how do I change it to work on TMobile?

Cheers!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Also - make sure that your carrier has the IMEI for this new phone in your account. When you change phones, sometimes they pick it up, and sometimes they don't.

I have ATT, and had some similar issues (MMS stopped working as well, since it uses data). After spending two days trying 100 things, I finally called them, and they said they didn't have the IMEI on record. They changed that on their end, and 30 seconds later, all was good.

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Also - make sure that your carrier has the IMEI for this new phone in your account. When you change phones, sometimes they pick it up, and sometimes they don't.

I have ATT, and had some similar issues (MMS stopped working as well, since it uses data). After spending two days trying 100 things, I finally called them, and they said they didn't have the IMEI on record. They changed that on their end, and 30 seconds later, all was good.

I need to give the IMEI to TMobile?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
He says you might if they didn't automatically read it off the phone when you connected to them...

Did the settings I listed help?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I need to give the IMEI to TMobile?

Yes - just call TMo and tell them you changed phones, and you want to make sure that they have your new phone's IMEI on file.

In my case, it worked fine for about 2 weeks, then internet and MMS stopped. I even, I think, posted a thread here. It took me two days to call them, and that fixed it.

What ATT told me is that, if the IMEI on their files does not match the one you are using, it causes that data issue.

OTOH, I have a 983 using on ATT, so there wasn't a need to change any settings, so you may have to make some changes.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For Max size try using 10000 as a substitute. That's a common enough number for that field. Or leave it blank... In my experience reading on this issue both are often defaults.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett