Build 10536: So Far So Smooth

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly enough, my battery life improved with Windows 10. I always found with 8.1 that there was a very 'meh' rate of standby depletion, and it seems to be much better in W10M. I rolled back to 8.1 to get the official denim (rm-983) and thought I'd stay there for a while. I didn't realize how much I missed how fluid Groove Music was compared to Xbox Music on 8.1, among other things. Immediately reinstalled 10 mobile and same experience as last time holds firmly.

Other than general stability and occasional lagginess (usually in the store and when uninstalling things from the app list), I have few, if any complaints so far. The OS is maturing nicely, and I can't wait until the official RTM build gets pushed.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
10512 has been giving me hell lately, I'm manually rebooting the phone at least 2-3 times per day, sometimes pulling the battery because I'm too fed up. Apps and the start screen stop responding or stay on Loading... Couldn't do a reset as I was in vacation, camping and off grid.

I'm thinking of going back to 8.1 and either stay on that or upgrade back to W10 10536. I'll format the SD card also, just to be sure everything is sparkly squeaky clean, just in case.

Can anyone confirm that pining two different inboxes to the Start screen works, and that taping each tile actually brings you to that account's inbox?
Hadn't added my email work account because of that.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to see some reports on how the 830 is fairing after 10+ days running this build.

Although the previous build initially ran fine on my 830, severe stability issues started to show up after 10 days or so. I had to roll back to 8.1

Based on a few comments I've seen elsewhere, I have a feeling that's still the case. I've taken a pass on this build so far...

Agreed. I ran a previous build, and it was pretty cool for about a week. Then the stability seem to get worse, or maybe it was my patience that was wearing thinner after a week of dealing with them. At any rate, I'm curious to see how things look after using this build for a couple of weeks.

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
10512 has been giving me hell lately, I'm manually rebooting the phone at least 2-3 times per day, sometimes pulling the battery because I'm too fed up. Apps and the start screen stop responding or stay on Loading... Couldn't do a reset as I was in vacation, camping and off grid.

I'm thinking of going back to 8.1 and either stay on that or upgrade back to W10 10536. I'll format the SD card also, just to be sure everything is sparkly squeaky clean, just in case.

Can anyone confirm that pining two different inboxes to the Start screen works, and that taping each tile actually brings you to that account's inbox?
Hadn't added my email work account because of that.

Yes, am on 10536 with 830. Multiple email accounts can be pinned. I upgraded from 8.1 and the whole thing was moved including the start screen layout. I am not going anywhere. Battery life is ok, unlike 10166.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, am on 10536 with 830. Multiple email accounts can be pinned. I upgraded from 8.1 and the whole thing was moved including the start screen layout. I am not going anywhere. Battery life is ok, unlike 10166.

The annoying thing with Win10 is that all pinned email accounts use the outlook icon. I like the single square tile, so it makes telling email accounts apart impossible.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had to downgrade back to 8.1. We had twins last wednesday and unstability was killing me not being able to quickly bring up the camera or the phone just plain freezing. I will wait until the next update and try again. For now I am using my 1520 on 8.1. Even with the messed up screen it is still better and more reliable.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the twins! And good luck!

Thanks!!

I am using my 1520 on 8.1 for now (wanted the better camera and screen). I reverted my 830 to 8.1 Update 2, but decided to reinstall W10 just to mess around with. It is stuck on installing apps now from my old backup (I know people say not to use a backup, but then what is the point). The store shows 81 downloads in progress, and hasn't changed in 3 days. I haven't been using the phone, just let it sit on my dresser and "update". Anyone else have this happen?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa