Lumia 830 bricked after installing 10536, how can I unbrick it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 830 bricked after installing 10536

So I installed the 10536 a couple of weeks back(fast ring) and it completely bricked my 830. The device is stuck in a reboot loop, and I can't seem to get it recovered from it. The loop is the typical Nokia logo > Spinning gears > sadface smiley and repeat. The whole loop takes about 30 seconds from Nokia logo to sadface.

I've tried to recover it via the Windows Phone Recovery Tool, but it can't seem to hold long enough of a connection to my phone for it to start installing the update. It does detect the phone on startup(not immediately, but after pressing the "can't find the phone button" it shows up) I've also tried soft-reseting it as well when connecting it to the Recovery Tool, and I've tried various button combinations, all without effect.

Is there anything I can do or is my phone just a fancy paperweight.

(and for those asking, I was aware of the potential dangers of enrolling in the Insider program)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 bricked after installing 10536

Try this sequence:

1.Turn off your Lumia device.

2.Press and hold the power button to start your Lumia device.

3.When your Lumia device starts, it displays the Microsoft or Nokia logo. At this instant, release the power button, then press and hold the volume up button. This step should be done quickly.

4.After a few seconds, an image composed of a white lightning and a white gear wheel appear on the screen of your Lumia device. At this instant, release the volume up button.

5.Connect your Lumia device at your PC, this one should simply detect it.

If that goes to the lightning/gear icon you can definitely reflash the phone. Probably by plugging into WPRT at that point. If not, using this method.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss