Ditch iPhone for Lumia 830?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Got the 6S and compared to the insane price-tag I feel a bit...meh? It is of course very good, but I can't say I see what makes it worth the price. In my country it sells for rougly 850$ for 64 GB.

I ditched Lumias because of the lack in apps - has there been an improvement on facebook/instagram and messenger-apps in the past 6 months?

I can get a mint condition Lumia 830 for 120$, but is it W10M-proof?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
As for which phones will officially get the w10 upgrade: https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/win...which-lumias-will-get-windows-10-mobile-first

This doesn't mean that the others won't, but those phones are probably first in line.

As for the apps situation.. We still aren't close to the other stores (google and apple).. As for the apps you're informing about:

Facebook -- Not amazing yet, users are still complaining and comparing, but we know that we can expect a universal app for w10 (no timeline), so the situation could improve

Instagram -- is still in beta, but we have 6tag

Messenger -- overall good, but we lack the ability to place calls, however we also know that there is a universal app in the works

I can't tell you, which phone you should buy, that's up to you :)

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Facebook is working on a universal Windows 10 Mobile application for all their Facebook applications (Instagram, Messenger, the whole lot) that should be fully featured.
The Nokia Lumia 830 is definitely Windows 10 Mobile-ready. If you can get one for $120, that's an amazing deal and it's definitely worth it. Then you can spend another hundred bucks and get a high quality Qi wireless charging pad and a 64GB microSD card and you're good to go.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't. The app situation on Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile is still horrible compared to iOS or Android. It hasn't improved at all in the past six months so if you left because of it you'll hate coming back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb