Navigation key lights - Win 10 preview

Dakelof

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi all!

After switching to Win 10 mobile preview the navigation key backlights stopped working. I've waited a while to see if updates fixed the issue but sadly they haven't. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
The navigation key backlight has always been incredibly flaky for me even with Windows Phone 8. Try covering the light sensor next to the top speaker with your finger for 1-2 seconds, usually they light up for me for a few seconds when I do that.

The unreliability of something as mundane as backlight for the navigation keys based on the light sensor's readings has been one of the many reasons why I ultimately left Windows Phone for good.

Dakelof

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

Thanks for the responses! I tried hard resetting it but it didn't help. I tried covering the light sensor as well, no luck with that. I (after a long frustrating struggle) rolled the phone back to 8.1 and the key lights worked perfectly again.

I installed Windows 10 mobile preview again and still had no issues with the lights. Various other problems I'd been having (blank Glance menu, screen flicker etc) disappeared as well.

Seems rolling back occasionally is needed to get rid of bugs that build up. The phone runs wonderfully now and W10 mobile seems great. Still a frustrating lack of apps though. Doesn't seem to be much difference from 8.1.

Anyhow, thanks again for the ideas!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention