Power/Lock Button Broken

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I love my 1.5 year old 830, but now I have a problem. The power/lock button feels like it's internally broken. There's little or no movement when I push the button and I have to push very hard to get it to work. Since this is the most used button, this is a real problem. Anyone have a fix for this or have had the same problem?

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
YES! :/ Mine did the same thing back in November, so I switched to a 640. I thought I was the only one that that happened to. Of course, now my 640 is acting all screwy, so I think I'm going to just switch back to the 830 for now. It has Insider W10 on it (updating to .29 right now as I type this), and runs just fine. I just won't be able to put a case on it. I didn't want to do that, because I was gonna sell it, but I tried and it seems nobody really cares about an 830 anymore, so I figured why not just keep it. I don't really care if it gets scratched up w/o a case at this point.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to remember exactly what those buttons look like inside the 830, but I'm drawing a blank. I have a parts 830 sitting around. I'll open it up tonight or tomorrow, and post some pics so you can see what it looks like. I am wondering if something came loose, that might not be so hard to deal with, but I just can't remember.

I'll get those internal pics posted and we'll see if we can help you noodle it out.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, it would appear the power button flex, if there is one in this phone like all other Nokias, is under some plastic that would have to be removed. This might take a little more work.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I ended up finding a 950 with docking station in perfect condition for $350, so I'm jumping ship on the 830. I'm now enjoying learning the 950 and all it's pros and cons...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6