[L830] Windows 10 + Tmobile - Anyone have this combination?

ThermoDust

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I am looking at buying an 830 and am interested to hear from you all...

1. Running Windows 10 Mobile?
  2. Does it run well?
  3. Any issues you have seen?
  4. Have you ever compared it to the 640?
  5. Would you buy it again?

For those who have it on T-Mobile(USA) does Wifi-Calling work? Do you get 4G LTE?

Ian Legarda

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the unlocked International Version:

It's running on latest insider build of WM10.

It seems to be running well.

Are there issues? Yes. Deal breakers, for me, only one. Battery life. And not that it is terrible, it's just not as good as the note 4 right now which is my daily driver. Any issues the 830 has has already been documented in the forums.

I also have the 640. A comparison between phones can also be found in the forums.

I would buy it again.

No WiFi calling. Only phones with Tmobile branding have this. I also don't get 4G LTE but the AT&T version does. Again, this has been documented extensively in the forum.

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Im on T-Mobile and have 3 phones on our plan running on W10.
The 1520 is unlocked and runs great on the network and W10. No WiFi calling since it's not a native phone. It runs smooth with no issues.
The 1020 is unlocked so no WiFi calling either. It is not running W10 well at all, battery life has been poor and the apps keep crashing. My plan is to do a hard restart to try and correct the problems.
The last phone is a native T-Mobile 925, it is running W10 smoothly and with the last update of W10 insider has WiFi calling that works well.

All the phones here in the US get 4gLTE coverage.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I am looking at buying an 830 and am interested to hear from you all...

1. Running Windows 10 Mobile?
  2. Does it run well?
  3. Any issues you have seen?
  4. Have you ever compared it to the 640?
  5. Would you buy it again?

For those who have it on T-Mobile(USA) does Wifi-Calling work? Do you get 4G LTE?

I have 2 RM-985 (carrier-free) 830's using on TMO-US. One is loaded with latest insider .107.
1. Yes, running latest build
2. Yes it runs very well. Can be used as a daily.
3. No issues that keep me from using it all the time with my set up
4. Never used a 640
5. I would buy it again, and I have (I've bought 4 of these -- 2 co-workers liked them so I gifted them one each (their first smartphone) and they love them

Wifi calling is not available. Yes I get 4G LTE. Where I live there is great Band4-AWS TMO coverage.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked AT&T variant. It works just fine in many markets, getting 4G LTE speeds.

Running Windows 10 Mobile? Yes
Does it run well? Yes
Any issues you have seen? Aside from ending up running 3G/Edge because of a lack of the 1700 band around here, no.
Have you ever compared it to the 640? No
Would you buy it again? No, but only because I would get a 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss