Bricked after today's update, what do I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

brick after todays's update

I use my lumia 830 for several months, and I participate in windows insider program Fast. The interest was in windows 10 usage. Today my phone offered me rebooting on order to install new update. I even can not see its number.
Thus after it began cycle rebooting, showing periodically windows icon, Nokia caption, Gears with just several pixels of progress and sad face :-(. After that everything starts again and again.

I can not connect it to the computer, I can not hard reset it.

This definitely is not the experience I expected fro microsoft/nokia smartphone.

What to do? please help anyone!!!

<email address redacted>

Last edited by a moderator:

SinfulKnight

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue. My Lumia 950 notified me that I had an update. Figured I'd do it now instead of letting it do it at 3am tonight. Screen went black, gears came up, Sad Face. I'm at work for the whole day and I only have my work mac which I cannot run windows on so I can't get the Recovery Tool. Need Help.

-UPDATE-
Went to the Windows Store, there was nothing they could do and were going to replace it but suggested I check with At&t first to make sure it wouldn't screw me later if I decide to upgrade. Very annoying but atleast Windows was quick to say "we'll replace it, no problem" without a receipt or anything.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb