My SD card Keeps tellimg me it is ejected, but the card was not removed

katsume6tails

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix. My phone will randomly and sometimes frequently tell me that my SD card was ejected and to use the settings menu to eject it next time, but my card was not removed from the phone and I never took it out. I need help, as I just got this recently, and had a lot of updates when I first turned it on, but this is a problem as I install my apps and music to the card. I am using the AT&T Version.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Try taking it out and cleaning SD and its slot, could be dust, after that could try reformatting SD on PC then on Phone. Of course could be a problem with OS and need a of fresh install/reset.

pizzaboy192

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like your SD card is failing. When it pops up that message, your SD card has probably crashed. There's a little bit of logic and other components that could be going bad in it.

Put the SD into a computer and do a stress test on it to see if it fails there too.

katsume6tails

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I ran the SD Card testing app that people use to make sure they are not fakes, and this is a new SD card. So it seems to check out. I can clean the card, not sure how to clean out the slot, but I am hoping it is that simple. It has been very random on when it occurs, and how persistently it repeats. I am not sure if it is the card of if I have to worry that the phone is damaged.

Franmartin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
To verify that, you can try connecting your card to some other phone. You will surely get to know if it is the card or the phone which is causing problem.

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I'd try an alternative card for a short while, if you have a spare that you could use. It might highlight that it's something going on with your handset, rather than specific to the card that you've been using so far. The dust/cleaning option may help, though other than compressed air, I've no idea how to clean such a small slot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon