I have a Lumia 830. It typically uses 4.5 to 6 of battery per hour. How can I stop this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a lumina 830. It typically uses 4.5 to 6 % of battery per hour.

Sometimes much higher than that. How do I find the cause of this?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have a lumina 830. It typically uses 4.5 to 6 % of battery per hour.

Sometimes much higher than that. How do I find the cause of this?

1- Lumia, not lumina ;)
2 - check data usage in settings, maybe you are syncing or uploading mail and photos
3 - check for updates in Store, maybe you got a lot of core apps pending
4- check signal strenght. Low signal means high battery use for basic phone functions

Dominic Watts

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I have also noticed this high drain especially since the WM10 upgrade. I've shutdown almost all background apps to the point that it makes the "smart" element of my smartphone all but useless. Email is syncing only once per hour, all apps are updated and there's nothing I can do about signal strength but I can say that it is pretty high most of the time.
I did have this problem with my old Lumia 800 phone but this used to get quite warm which told me that something was happening "under the hood". The 830, fantastic in pretty much every other aspect, gives no clues as to the high battery drain.
I'm going to try using the nokia lumia recovery tool soon to start from scratch. There's also the possibility that the battery is reaching the end of its useful life but it is less than 1 year old.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12