Camera error on Lumia 830. Please give me some advice?

mosharraf96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Camera error on Lumia 830. Please give me some advice.

My brother sent me a Lumia 830 (Special/Gold Edition) AT&T Unlocked. I'm on the release preview ring currently on 10586.420.

I was on a festival last night and took some selfies with my mom. When I changed from front camera to rear camera it suddenly showed "Something went wrong". Error code 0xA00F4271(0XC00D3704). I only used this phone for 3 weeks.

I tried soft reset, hard reset, changed camera permission, uninstall and installed camera apps. Used camera 360, pro shot and many more still I am unable to use my back camera. Although front camera works.

When I try to turn on the flashlight, the phone completely freezes. I can't lock the screen, close any apps, nothing happens. Only way to make it work is by removing the battery.

I was thinking about rolling back to 8.1 but going through other people's thread, I found that rolling back to 8.1 gave no solution to this problem. Still people are having this problem on 8.1 too.

Now what should I do? Should I roll back to 8.1 or move forward to redstone build and look for bug fix? Can anyone tell me how to get into Redstone build?

I am from Bangladesh and I don't have any warranty. I am not interested in changing the camera module with money. Although many suggested that changing the camera module fixed their error for a few days and again it came back. So is it software issue or hardware issue? Many said it may be the faulty batch. But Special/Gold edition released like 7-8 month after the normal edition. So it is very unlikely that I received the faulty batched phone.

Please help me here. Thanks in advance.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Camera error on Lumia 830. Please give me some advice.

My brother sent me a Lumia 830 (Special/Gold Edition) AT&T Unlocked. I'm on the release preview ring currently on 10586.420.

I was on a festival last night and took some selfies with my mom. When I changed from front camera to rear camera it suddenly showed "Something went wrong". Error code 0xA00F4271(0XC00D3704). I only used this phone for 3 weeks.

I tried soft reset, hard reset, changed camera permission, uninstall and installed camera apps. Used camera 360, pro shot and many more still I am unable to use my back camera. Although front camera works.

When I try to turn on the flashlight, the phone completely freezes. I can't lock the screen, close any apps, nothing happens. Only way to make it work is by removing the battery.

I was thinking about rolling back to 8.1 but going through other people's thread, I found that rolling back to 8.1 gave no solution to this problem. Still people are having this problem on 8.1 too.

Now what should I do? Should I roll back to 8.1 or move forward to redstone build and look for bug fix? Can anyone tell me how to get into Redstone build?

I am from Bangladesh and I don't have any warranty. I am not interested in changing the camera module with money. Although many suggested that changing the camera module fixed their error for a few days and again it came back. So is it software issue or hardware issue? Many said it may be the faulty batch. But Special/Gold edition released like 7-8 month after the normal edition. So it is very unlikely that I received the faulty batched phone.

Please help me here. Thanks in advance.

going to redstone - install windows insider app, enrol to fast ring and folow instructions

for going back to 8.1, use windows device recovery tool

Kelvin Gonzalez

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue on my lumia 830. There is not solution yet. Nobody knows how to fix it. I bought a camera module and I will install it tomorrow, but now I am afraid about what u said. I think it is a software issue because many people are complaining abt it on microsoft forum. If u get any solution please let me know. Good luck

mosharraf96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Nobody knows how to fix it. I bought a camera module and I will install it tomorrow, but now I am afraid about what u said.

What was the price of the camera module? Did you installed it?

I moved to fast ring and installed Redstone updates. Still haven't fix the issue. I will roll back to 8.1 tomorrow. If it doesn't fix, and Nokia care fails to fix the camera, I will disassemble it myself and see what's wrong.

Kelvin Gonzalez

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

I moved to fast ring and installed Redstone updates. Still haven't fix the issue. I will roll back to 8.1 tomorrow. If it doesn't fix, and Nokia care fails to fix the camera, I will disassemble it myself and see what's wrong.

I got the camera today. I will install it in few minutes. I will let u know soon. I paid 10 dollars on ebay.

Kelvin Gonzalez

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

I installed the camera 📷 and it's working perfectly. Now I am afraid to update the camera app and get the same message again. I dont want to broke the camera again.

mosharraf96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I got the camera today. I will install it in few minutes. I will let u know soon. I paid 10 dollars on ebay.

Is the camera module used or new? Where did you bought it? I have no problem paying 10 dollars. But I saw someone saying that Nokia care asked him to pay $140 for the replacement of the camera module. He had no warranty just like me. Seems like I still have hope.

mosharraf96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I installed the camera �� and it's working perfectly. Now I am afraid to update the camera app and get the same message again. I dont want to broke the camera again.

Good to hear that your problem is fixed. I rolled back to 8.1 last night, the problem still exists. I think now that it is a hardware issue. Are you on wp 8.1 or windows 10? Some people said that their camera stopped working even after changing the module. It worked for a few weeks and then showed the same problem again. I hope you be careful. Please kindly tell me, are you on windows 10 when the camera showed problem?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Update failure, or words to that effect.

I just updated to 14372...followed by hard reset set and the whole re-update rigamole.. Again, no such luck 0x00F4271(0xC00D3704)

Will try another WDRT roll back tmrw and see what's happens....

Meanwhile, I getting accustomed to the 1520... think I I am begining to realise I cant go back to a smaller screen ...

Kelvin Gonzalez

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Omg! 140 dollars. It is too expensive. If u go to ebay there's is a store called fine-part-gallery. The camera was used but is working fine till' now. I am trying to use it as much as I can and if I get the same issue. I'll buy another phone. Maybe an Iphone. Before this one I got a lumia 535 with touch issues and I dont want to waste money anymore.

Last edited:

Kelvin Gonzalez

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. I have windows 10. I'll pray 🙏 and I hope not to buy another camera module again. I installed the camera module, hard reset and eliminate lumia Camera 5 and I won't use HDR for maybe a year. I don't know if that fixed the problem but if that happen again. Microsoft is the guilty. My apologies for my English.

mosharraf96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Update failure, or words to that effect.

I just updated to 14372...followed by hard reset set and the whole re-update rigamole.. Again, no such luck 0x00F4271(0xC00D3704)

Will try another WDRT roll back tmrw and see what's happens....

Meanwhile, I getting accustomed to the 1520... think I I am begining to realise I cant go back to a smaller screen ...

After downloading the 8.1 firmware package, it was giving me installation failure dialogue. After retrying 10-15 times and changing USB port, suddenly it worked for me. Keep trying, it will get installed suddenly.

mosharraf96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. I have windows 10. I'll pray �� and I hope not to buy another camera module again. I installed the camera module, hard reset and eliminate lumia Camera 5 and I won't use HDR for maybe a year. I don't know if that fixed the problem but if that happen again. Microsoft is the guilty. My apologies for my English.

So I went to Nokia care today. When the person asked me what's the model of my device, I said Lumia 830 amd then the guy asked what's the problem, I said camera isn't working. The guy then asked me do I have warranty, I said no. The person didn't even take look at my device and said it will take 6000 BDT (75 USD) to fix the camera problem. He said it is a hardware issue.

So the real question is how does he know that it is a camera module problem without even taking a look at my phone? The answer is simple, Lumia 830's cameras are all faulty. Isn't it unethical not fixing their faulty product just because I don't have warranty?

I won't be able to fix my camera with such cost. In my country, I wasn't able to find any separate parts for Lumia 830. So there is no way to fix this problem in my country.

I will send this to USA to my brother. I hope he will buy the camera module from the store you mentioned and fix the problem. I will never buy anything from Microsoft/Nokia again. I think I will buy a Asus or Samsung. **** Windows phone. I have enough of their bull****. First they said every device will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. Then they say only handful of mobile will be upgraded. I was unable to upgrade my 525, thus I wanted to try Windows 10 so I said my brother to send me the Lumia 830. Despite many mocking and criticizing from my friend I bought windows phone. But they repeatedly stabbed me in the back. No more windows phone.

Kelvin Gonzalez

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
So I went to Nokia care today. When the person asked me what's the model of my device, I said Lumia 830 amd then the guy asked what's the problem, I said camera isn't working. The guy then asked me do I have warranty, I said no. The person didn't even take look at my device and said it will take 6000 BDT (75 USD) to fix the camera problem. He said it is a hardware issue.

So the real question is how does he know that it is a camera module problem without even taking a look at my phone? The answer is simple, Lumia 830's cameras are all faulty. Isn't it unethical not fixing their faulty product just because I don't have warranty?

I won't be able to fix my camera with such cost. In my country, I wasn't able to find any separate parts for Lumia 830. So there is no way to fix this problem in my country.

I will send this to USA to my brother. I hope he will buy the camera module from the store you mentioned and fix the problem. I will never buy anything from Microsoft/Nokia again. I think I will buy a Asus or Samsung. **** Windows phone. I have enough of their bull****. First they said every device will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. Then they say only handful of mobile will be upgraded. I was unable to upgrade my 525, thus I wanted to try Windows 10 so I said my brother to send me the Lumia 830. Despite many mocking and criticizing from my friend I bought windows phone. But they repeatedly stabbed me in the back. No more windows phone.

Sorry to heard that. I understand how do u feel now dude. I am too disappointed with Microsoft. I really like windows phone but they don't have a good customer service. Their products are faulty. I've been thinking 😔 too (maybe my next phone will be an iPhone), I don't like android because they don't update the phone, and the lags. I wish we had more OS options on smartphones. I consider IOS is too expensive but I've never heard abt any problem as I had with my window phones. I hope u can fix ur problem soon. Greetings from Dominican Republic.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

A problem-free iPhone.. it doesn't exist. They freeze and crash just like any other OS.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

A problem-free iPhone.. it doesn't exist. They freeze and crash just like any other OS.

You're not wrong, but iOS is the most reliable mobile OS I have used yet with the least number of freezes and crashes. (except for Windows Phone 8 in its prime)

Apple has polished it to a shine and it works reliably. (yes it does have some bad releases, but those bugs don't compare)

Coming from Windows 10 Mobile it's a breath of fresh air. The photo picker doesn't crash. App crashes are rare. I can try to do something and it will do it instead of spitting out some "something went wrong." (cough rich HDR cough)

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
"shrine". .. Haha...

I do agree about the stability of WP8. A couple of lumias (720/1520) in my family has been preforming remarkably for past year. Hardly freeze/crash. Enough for my sis-inlaw to see the errors of her ways and chuck her iPhone for a 640XL.

But back to problem at hand... I hope MSFT fix the camera problem on the 830.. pronto

Last edited:

mosharraf96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to heard that. I understand how do u feel now dude. I am too disappointed with Microsoft. I really like windows phone but they don't have a good customer service. Their products are faulty. I've been thinking �� too (maybe my next phone will be an iPhone), I don't like android because they don't update the phone, and the lags. I wish we had more OS options on smartphones. I consider IOS is too expensive but I've never heard abt any problem as I had with my window phones. I hope u can fix ur problem soon. Greetings from Dominican Republic.

I don't have enough money to buy an iPhone. I never liked Android despite having mid end phone with relatively cheap price. But these circumstances from Microsoft forcing me to change platform even though I don't like Android. Maybe I will be able to buy iPhone 6 when Apple releases iPhone 7. Price of older iPhone always reduces significantly after releasing a new phone. Another phone which I attracted me was "One Plus Three". It has 6GB of Ram and Snapdragon 820 and the price is just $350. I don't think this phone will slow down or lag any way. Its Oxygen OS is can be customized according to your taste. Even though chance of buying this phone is pretty low. Hope you enjoy your Lumia 830. Luck forced me to go back and use my Lumia 525. Peace and warm welcome from Bangladesh.

You're generalizing. There is a reason iOS is so much popular and Windows is not. People don't like windows phone. Period. If they did, then share of Windows mobile wouldn't fall. Windows mobile is advancing extremely slowly. And there is really nothing to be hyped of. The only thing is good about windows 10 is watching the concept videos on youtube and thinking it will be real one day. Only reason I ordered Lumia 830 after so many days was because my L525 won't be getting Windows 10 Mobile update. I wanted to try windows 10 without any lag so I wanted this 830. Now I'm done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss