Micro SD card Windows 8.1 (Lumia 830) to Android 6.0.1 migration corruption PROBLEM?

jonathan455

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
micro SD card Windows 8.1 (Lumia 830) to android 6.0.1 migration corruption PROBLEM

Hello there,
I am using a LUMIA 830 with a 64GB SanDisk micro SD card that I have now corrupted :cry:
I have another phone, Sony Xperia Z3 (Android) and, naive as I am, I thought I could just put the micro SD out of my Lumia into the Sony and use it with this phone.

The micro SD card is now unusable and all the devices, Sony, Lumia, and my PC say, the SD card needs to be formatted.
Right now, the card is declared to have only 32 MB instead of 64 GB.
I might have corrupted it with Sony's option of "repairing the SD card" in order to use the card on the sony. (The sony said the card was damaged when I first inserted it).

Of course, I don't want to format as I would lose a lot of pictures and videos that are important to me.

I already ran "testdisk" on the SD card and it says

"partition sector doesn't have the endmark 0xAA55"

Now, does anybody know of a method to restore the original Windows phone formatting on that SD card?
Or to only restore it in a way that I can access and backup my files?

Thank you and all the best,
Joern

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: micro SD card Windows 8.1 (Lumia 830) to android 6.0.1 migration corruption PROBLEM

Here's what I would do:

(but this is just me, you can wait to see other people's suggestions.)

Format the card, you ran into some bad luck here and we need to get so we can at least work with the card.

Use an undelete tool like "Recuva" to see what files can be salvaged from the card.

Have a backup of files you do not want to lose. Do it for everything stored in only one place, not just this card.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: micro SD card Windows 8.1 (Lumia 830) to android 6.0.1 migration corruption PROBLEM

Download and run "https://www.cardrecovery.com/sd-recovery/sandisk_sd_recovery.asp" to fix your SD card

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb