AT&T Lumia 830 Downloading W10

ginginha

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It looks like AT&T has finally blessed W10 for the 830. Going thru the upgrade advisor, I am downloading right now. Question is, should I actually install it. Based on some of the forum threads, some things aren't so great for the 830. Have things improved enough lately to go ahead and move on from 8.1?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It looks like AT&T has finally blessed W10 for the 830. Going thru the upgrade advisor, I am downloading right now. Question is, should I actually install it. Based on some of the forum threads, some things aren't so great for the 830. Have things improved enough lately to go ahead and move on from 8.1?

it's mostly stable unless you had screen tearing issues

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

Yes , since the official release of windows 10 for phones in march, it has become much more stable and with the upcoming anniversary update on 2nd August it is going to get even greater. I suggest that you move on to win 10 . ::) happy upgrading

ginginha

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I pulled the trigger. Update took over two hours, but went about it's business without a hiccup. I'm missing a few tiles on my start screen and can't remember which apps they were, but I'm hoping there's a W10 version available for what ever I'm missing.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I pulled the trigger. Update took over two hours, but went about it's business without a hiccup. I'm missing a few tiles on my start screen and can't remember which apps they were, but I'm hoping there's a W10 version available for what ever I'm missing.

check for app updates in store -start updating store app first and then update MS apps and then other apps

premsta

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Just had a message from Upgrade Advisor that Win 10 was available for my phone (Lumia 830 on Cricket - a sub-carrier of AT&T). I am downloading and installing now. Wish me luck!

---Prem

premsta

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Win 10 successfully installed! Whoo-hoo! There are a few gaps on my start screen where I don't remember what used to be in those slots - I would suggest taking a screen cap before upgrading so you can find equivalent apps to whatever ends up missing.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I am excited to get W10 on my 830! I will wait a day until I need to recharge my phone, but I am glad that I finally get all the new stuff.

triageatdawn

May 31, 2015
Visit site
The screen tearing and blinking issues have vanished completely after I upgraded to 14393.5. I guess the Anniversary Update did the trick for me. :)

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My 830 downloaded automatically and installed last night, and now my phone won't work at all. It just cycles thru the initial Nokia screen endlessly and won't launch. I was running W10 on the Insider preview, the least advanced of the preview rings, and now I don't know what to do.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My 830 downloaded automatically and installed last night, and now my phone won't work at all. It just cycles thru the initial Nokia screen endlessly and won't launch. I was running W10 on the Insider preview, the least advanced of the preview rings, and now I don't know what to do.

you can try using windows device recovery tool to restore the original OS
or do a hard reset using the hard reset combination keys

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like your phone isn't charging, try it in different charger. If that doesn't work then do a hard reset.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
with windows not updated unlock phones any more how dose that affect the 830 been unlock from amazon.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I think it's laughable how AT&T pushed the official update to Windows 10 on the 640, 1520, & 830 but left us 640 XL users in the dust. Thank goodness for the insider program. I guess there aren't enough of us 640 XL customers to justify it in their minds.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I think it's laughable how AT&T pushed the official update to Windows 10 on the 640, 1520, & 830 but left us 640 XL users in the dust. Thank goodness for the insider program. I guess there aren't enough of us 640 XL customers to justify it in their minds.

the 830 got it pretty late though, right? Around last week

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720