Lumia 830 Camera Problem

anon(9995211)

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi, this is my first post in this forums. I have a Lumia 830 running windows 10 anniversary update. 4 months in (at that time it was running W8.1 update 1), the main camera stopped working. It was in warranty so I had the camera module replaced. Now 2 weeks ago, the problem resurfaced.
It started with the main camera not starting up and the small square in the centre consistently blinking. I reset the phone using windows device recovery tool but it didn't work. I decided to go back to the care center, checked the camera once again and it was working again. So I guess it is not a hardware fault. Then a few days later, it again stopped working and then started working a few hours later.

Overall, the camera app has 3 different stages:

1. Where the centre square keeps blinking and the camera doesn't start up. Turning on the flashlight freezes the phone.
2. A brown, noisy screen like a TV screen with no signal (except for the change in colour).
3. When the camera is working properly.

Can anyone please help out?

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
If you have Lumia Camera installed, uninstall it. Install, from the store, ProShot Classic camera app. If it works with this app, you are OK, because this is at least 10 times better camera app than poor Microsoft camera app although it is smaller in size.

anon(9995211)

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the response.

I have tried with various camera apps, the default Lumia camera and windows camera, OfficeLens, Blink and the other Lumia suite of camera apps as well as a few others. The thing is none of the apps are able to start the main camera in the first attempt and it will just show a black screen. They might work in the second or third attempt, completely normal. And if I switch to another app (say photos) and then switch back to the camera, it won't work 2 out of 3 times. It is as if the camera has a mind of its own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05