Cortana not reading text messages over Bluetooth

Simoneale73#AC

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else able to get Cortana to read texts over Bluetooth??

It worked no problems up until 2 or 3 updates ago, I thought the AU would fix this, But Noooooo!!! My Car Bluetooth still, Cortana says "You've received a Text from ****, Would you like me to read it? or Ignore it!?"... When the 'Beep' happens I say "Read It!" (there's no other sound in the car! Music is off etc...) as I used to... But nowt!! It just beeps again and that's it!!! Cortana doesn't even trigger on the screen!!

I've tried with the phone in locked state, and running a 'Dash' app (unlocked)... Nothing! I've even tried the 'Tick this box' under advanced in Bluetooth!!

However I can still make and take calls, and Send Texts and Emails like always using voice recognition!!!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

It worked no problems up until 2 or 3 updates ago, I thought the AU would fix this, But Noooooo!!! My Car Bluetooth still, Cortana says "You've received a Text from ****, Would you like me to read it? or Ignore it!?"... When the 'Beep' happens I say "Read It!" (there's no other sound in the car! Music is off etc...) as I used to... But nowt!! It just beeps again and that's it!!! Cortana doesn't even trigger on the screen!!

I've tried with the phone in locked state, and running a 'Dash' app (unlocked)... Nothing! I've even tried the 'Tick this box' under advanced in Bluetooth!!

However I can still make and take calls, and Send Texts and Emails like always using voice recognition!!!

What build are you running on your device right now? There was on AU build on the fast ring that disabled Cortana's voice. But it works fine on the recent fast ring update.

srcpt

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Check your "apps and media volume". I wish there was a master volume app in settings where you could adjust all your volumes on one screen.

Simoneale73#AC

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently running 1607 - 10.0.14393.103 (latest Release Preview Build)

Looking at the Volume(s) The Apps and Media Volume is on 20, The Bluetooth Volume is on 20 and the 'In-Call' Volume is at 10, it's annoying that this one can only be adjusted when in a call... As you said script, Why can't we have Why can't we have a 'Volumes' page in the Settings like android do!!!

I don't want to go to the 'Fast Ring' as I'll end up on Redstone 2 and that might cause no end of problems... This is my Daily Driver!!!

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site

How is the problem currently? With my Lumia 930 with Windows Mobile 10 (10.0.14393.2189) the issue still happening: after Cortana ask my if I want to get the text message read, and I answering "Read it", nothing happens.

I really miss this function, that used to work very well in Windows Phone 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire