Earphones issue

Diavke

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! What I am having problem with is that my phone only recognizes 2pin earphones, 3 pin doesn't work, even tho they work on my 808 etc. Does anyone else have this issue? Will any 2 pin earphones work? I am looking to buy some and don't wanna get burned.

Bucbroker

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Check to make sure that there is no pocket lint in the headphone jack that is preventing you headphones to seat fully. Use a toothpick or compressed air to remove any lint.

Diavke

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Nope it's perfectly clean. My earphones seat fully. There is a click sound with both 2pin and 3pin, but only 2pin works

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

Are you using headphones that are designed for iPhones? iPhone headphones have their own proprietary pin arrangement that will not work properly on Windows Phones, Androids, or BlackBerrys. If you use headphones that are for generic smartphones or for Androids, they should work. I've used these for Windows Phones and Androids. I've also used BlackBerry headphones on Windows Phones.

Diavke

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
The 3pin earphones that are I am trying are from 808 and 820. And they don't work. Funny thing is that 820 earphones doesn't work on 808 and vice versa. Could they be model specific? I have 2pin earphones from my 5700 and they work perfectly, same thing with a bunch of 2pin headphones.
If anyone is confused with what I am calling "pins" it's those black round stripes around the connector. Not sure how are they called

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

Are you using headphones that are designed for iPhones? iPhone headphones have their own proprietary pin arrangement that will not work properly on Windows Phones, Androids, or BlackBerrys. If you use headphones that are for generic smartphones or for Androids, they should work. I've used these for Windows Phones and Androids. I've also used BlackBerry headphones on Windows Phones.
Hi I'm thinking Laura has explained this well!:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720