Can an 830 with 8.1 still be upgraded to windows 10 mobile?

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought a used 830 and it has Windows 10 on it, it was described as mint and it is, except that when I received my first phone call the ear speaker is inoperative. I was wondering if it could be a W10M thing and I was considering restoring to 8.1

My question is can a phone with 8.1 still be upgraded to W10M seeing as MS dropped the OS?

If I can get a refund I want to get it back to W10M, or just keep it on 8.1 if it corrects it. I like the phone but I need the ear speaker working,...

Thanks

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just a dumb question, and I ask because it's caught me out once or twice....while in call did you press volume up?????

Often times on a fresh install all volumes are reduced. You may also want to try switching between ear piece and speaker and back to ear piece to see.

If none of that helps then I would reset phone.

Just to add, you must be "In Call" to adjust the in Call volume...it's not available from main screen.
wp_ss_20180204_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20180204_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Just a dumb question, and I ask because it's caught me out once or twice....while in call did you press volume up?????

Often times on a fresh install all volumes are reduced. You may also want to try switching between ear piece and speaker and back to ear piece to see.

If none of that helps then I would reset phone.

Just to add, you must be "In Call" to adjust the in Call volume...it's not available from main screen.
View attachment 138679
View attachment 138680

I tried that as well. I did find out that my 640 has the same speaker so I swapped them, it worked in the 640 so that wasn't it. I also thought that the headphone jack could be it because I put a headphone on when setting up ringtones...I think I did find it though. There is a flat cable that has two circuits that transfer the audio from point a to b and one of the circuits is open, the other shows continuity. I found one in Canada on EBAY and hope to see it soon.

I initiated a return on EBAY as the listing stated it was fully functional but so far the seller is being a deadbeat. I missed the "no returns" statement but if it is a defective item that was stated as mint and fully functional, I suppose EBAY or Pay Pal will help....we shall see.

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Bit late to the party but my L830 speaker phone on W10M, doesn't work well either. Cuts out intermittently and frequently enough that it isn't really usable. Never tried to fix it as I have Bluetooth speaker phone system in the car and it works fine there.

prmbasheer

Jul 21, 2018
Visit site
I tried that as well. I did find out that my 640 has the same speaker so I swapped them, it worked in the 640 so that wasn't it. I also thought that the headphone jack could be it because I put a headphone on when setting up ringtones...I think I did find it though. There is a flat cable that has two circuits that transfer the audio from point a to b and one of the circuits is open, the other shows continuity. I found one in Canada on EBAY and hope to see it soon.

I initiated a return on EBAY as the listing stated it was fully functional but so far the seller is being a deadbeat. I missed the "no returns" statement but if it is a defective item that was stated as mint and fully functional, I suppose EBAY or Pay Pal will help....we shall see.

I am just curious! I bought a refurbished mint Lumia 830 from seller fliupet through eBay Canada for CAD99 minus 15% discount. It just arrived today. I haven't used it yet. So, I am not sure what works and what doesn't. However the physical condition of the device is very good. Did you buy from the same buyer? Did you manage to make the speaker work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077