02-25-2012 03:39 PM
52 123
tools
    *looks at Android*

About once a week.

Click to view quoted image
    So true........and with android it's all brands of phone motorola, htc, samsung, etc, etc.
    01-10-2012 07:42 AM
    This reminds me of those people that bought the first iPhone for like $800 with a 2 year contract. They rubbed it in everyone's faces, until the price dropped.

AFAIK the 800 comes unlocked too, so while us Americans will have the 900 it will probably be in the $150 range and only on AT&T, oh and not for another 2 months. It must really suck.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    01-10-2012 08:07 AM
    AT least you are able to buy a Nokia phone on your network. I have two options for carriers, Verizon and Sprint. I would love to have your Nokia phone, I would gladly drop some cash for it, but the other carriers that will carry Nokia (ATT) does not have coverage in my area (home/work). So look at it this way, you could be stuck with an old WP7 phone indefinately the way it is turning out for me. Feel sorry for me? Yeah, I didn't think so. :)
    01-10-2012 08:44 AM
    Well all this 900 mania hasn't really diminished my enjoyment of my 800. As I said earlier, I could have bought the Titan and had the bigger screen and what-not, but I found the size of the 800 to be just about perfect for me. As for the ffc I've never felt the need to use such a thing.
    01-10-2012 10:25 AM
    Sounds like someone needs counseling and meds.
    01-10-2012 10:31 AM
    We don't even know when the Lumia 900 is coming out. Might as well be in November for all we know.
    01-10-2012 03:23 PM
    That's the price you pay for being an early adopter OP. This applies to everything electronics related; PC hardware, TVs, a new Call of Duty (lol?) There's always something bigger and better right around the corner like someone else posted. Bleeding edge now only seems to lasts about a few months now instead of a few years ;)

It's not like you had to settle on the 800, you saw it, pre ordered and waited in line to get what you originally wanted. Just be happy with what you have or you'll just end up hating a perfectly good phone for no good reason. My 2 pennies
    01-10-2012 08:32 PM
    We don't even know when the Lumia 900 is coming out. Might as well be in November for all we know.
    I am sure it will be out in the Spring. If they waited until Fall, it would be too late.
    01-10-2012 08:36 PM
    hehehehe^ What a classic. :D
    You walked right into it Big Supes!
    01-10-2012 09:41 PM
    I suspect we will know something definite by the end of MWC next month along with the details on the Samsung Mendel device with LTE also on ATT!
    01-10-2012 09:42 PM
    Bringing out a new phone and upgrading the existing phone are two different things. I dont see why they launched Lumia 800 at all. I know there are new phones every week but at what rate do you see an upgrade of the same model?
    LTE and a 4.3" screen are of little to no use to me. They are aimed at different markets, I'd personally be fine with the Lumia 800 if it had a FFC, but no biggie. Some of us haven't even got the choice of ANY second-gen device.
    01-10-2012 11:03 PM
    Its all good alot of American fans were dissapointed that the 800 wasn't released in NA and the 800 was specifically catered to the European market. So now America got the new model but the release date is unannouced.

I bet Europe will get the newer model first then NA second so basically just stick to your lifecycle just wait it out until the dual core Lumias come into play be happy with your 800 its a great phone
    01-11-2012 05:32 PM
    meh ,
    i remember when the HTC diamond (WM) came out in Europe. we got it in canada 12months later. LOL

this is NOTHING new. and nothing to get mad about.

in the end thes are only cell phones... not like you dint get the house or car you wanted.
    01-11-2012 07:24 PM
    I am sure it will be out in the Spring. If they waited until Fall, it would be too late.
    They said its spring 2012 and the 900 was dsigned specifically for the US market according to Elop! So there will probably be a variant of the 900 format with a 9xx number I supposed and it will be on other NA carriers and probably in Europe and elsewhere but it wont be 900 and not Ace!
    01-11-2012 10:25 PM
    For the sake of Nokia, get onboard. A successful 900 in the US helps Nokia gain footing in the major market it was weak in. How much does that help Nokia and it's standing in the rest of the world? I am sitting with a six week old Focus S CHEERING on Nokia, HTC, and Samsung as the release newer, more improved phones. I get the chance to see Windows Phones and my favorite manufacturers improve everything for my next device!!
    The 800 is a great phone. Enjoy it, and grab the next big device Nokia will release that will than blow away the 900 as it comes your way in, oh, about 25 minutes or so.....
    01-12-2012 07:39 PM
    I don't understand in what the 900 is "better" than the 800. It has strictly the same hardware (+ a front camera...yeeaaay, who cares) and a bigger screen that's all.

In my case even if I had the choice I'd choose the 800 mainly because I don't like screen larger than 4'
    01-13-2012 04:57 AM
    It's all personal choice jf.amadei. Just get the phone that YOU think is best. No one else matters. :D
    erwt likes this.
    01-13-2012 05:03 AM
    correctomundo!
    01-13-2012 08:16 AM
    ok i should just do a copy and paste of what i said earlier under the article about the 800 comin to the us unlocked ...frist of all nokia has it's issue and im not totally happy with them after i was going to get a 710 cause i couldnt get the 800 and found out that the us isnt getting any back covers for it tho they keep showing them off but getting back to the issue of the 800 it wasnt ever meant to be a us phone them given it to us unlocked is kinda a gift the us market is flooded with huge phones so why would they push a phone under 4.0 with no front facing cam when most of you on here go nuts if a phone's screen isnt 4.5 or higher front facing cam or dosent have 32gb of storage not sure why u need that much space but i feel your pain guy i wanted the 800 in fact i still do but hearing about the 900 made me not get a 710 which i was settling for cause im pretty much on board with wp with nokias hardware and their exclusive software also winning guy is right it isnt a upgrade they are a series of devices and when i talk to nokia about the 710 i seems clear that they a being pretty calculated about what devices and colors countries are getting so i guess we can blame marketing and focus groups for this
    01-13-2012 02:53 PM
    I specifically chose the 800 because it was smaller than the 900, and as for me, I can't foresee any real use for the new features in the Lumia 900 to be honest. Features like LTE aren't even relevant to where I live (northern Sweden).

It would've been nice with a front-facing camera, just to have it I guess, but I don't think it would have made that much of a difference to me either way. I have actually never made a video phone call with any of my previous phones.

In my mind, the Lumia 900 is a phone for a totally different market, namely the US. And the Lumia 800 is still a supersexy, awesome phone in my eyes.
    02-10-2012 12:34 PM

And on that happy 800 note, welcome along to WPCentral eRWT. :)

Hope the 800 is performing well for you.
    erwt likes this.
    02-10-2012 12:40 PM
    it is, and don't call me shirley.

still makes me smile. :)
    +1
    02-10-2012 01:34 PM
    You should definitely hate any company that gives you options. Obviously.
    02-10-2012 10:03 PM
    I don't understand in what the 900 is "better" than the 800. It has strictly the same hardware (+ a front camera...yeeaaay, who cares) and a bigger screen that's all.

In my case even if I had the choice I'd choose the 800 mainly because I don't like screen larger than 4'

Has LTE (futureproof)
    02-12-2012 12:25 AM
    Nokia, please release a single device each year that will be naturally behind the curve due to Windows Phone's hardware restrictions, will be less tailored to specific markets and will be unlikely to shift units past the first couple of months.

Oh, hang on.

Has LTE (futureproof)
    Only one carrier in my country has LTE, and that carrier is overpriced. I don't see widespread LTE roll-out in the next two years from the others, and I prefer the N9 form factor.
    Last edited by lumic; 02-14-2012 at 05:06 AM.
    02-14-2012 04:58 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD