Why I hate Nokia all the more now.

shubhashish

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
To begin with, I am fan of Nokia. My last Nokia phone was the 6600 and before that, 8250 and 3310. After 6600 I lost my love for the company. Not because it wasnt a great phone. I loved it. But, because of the policies that Nokia adopts to ridicule its customers.

With the Lumia series, I thought Nokia would have changed itself and won't take the customer for a ride. It turns out, I was wrong. Again.

I have been waiting for the Lumia 800 since the day it was announced. Bunked office and went to book the phone the moment bookings opened. Tracked everyday when the phone is
launching and was the first one at the store to take the delivery.

nNow, Dear Nokia, the price of your Lumia 800, at Rs 29,999 ( $577) is pretty steep. And I come from using an iPhone4. Yet I decided to pay this money to buy this phone. Because I love Nokia and the WP OS truly is amazing.

And this is how you care for your customers?

Just a couple of months after launching the phone, you launch a bigger and better phone, the Lumia 900, in the US. Exclusively.

People talk about the brand loyalty and customer loyalty. I want to ask where the company loyalty towards its customers?

The early adopters of Nokia Lumia 800, the phone, you are supposedly betting your future on, are being treated as a second class citizens.

I dont really care about the dual core processor but a front facing camera and a better battery is missing on Lumia 800 yet people are paying through the neck.

Because its Nokia's comeback phone and all the fans want to be a part of the success story.

And this is how Nokia responds to us. By launching a bigger and better phone exclusively in the US just 2-3 months after Lumia 800's launch.

Nokia's comments that the phone will be priced aggressively clearly shows that Lumia 800's price will be slashed going forward.

Clearly, Nokia has no regards for its customers who believed in the company and waited to buy Lumia 800 and 710 for such high prices.

I feel stupid that I was so excited about the phone and spent a fortune to buy it when the company doesnt value its customer.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
It has been known for at least six months that Nokia would be launching a phone in the US in the early part of 2012. Did you expect it to be the same phone as the 800. And the aggressive pricing will be with Carrier subsidy. Bet the retail will be $700+ US. You have nothing to be disappointed about. I will buy the Nokia 900 on launch day, and I bet within 3-4 months there will be something bigger and better. That's just the way it is.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

JoePR31

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
So, just to be sure I understand, you're saying you hate Nokia because they came out with a phone that's better than yours too soon for your liking? So, how long were they supposed to wait? Until you were ready to upgrade again? Or were you expecting them to ask for permission from you and all their other recent customers before releasing a newer phone?

Seriously, you should probably loosen up a bit. It's a good thing you didn't buy an HTC phone, being that they release a new phone every other week. You probably would've jumped off a bridge by now.

JedH

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't sound like you were mad at Nokia when Europe was getting models exclusively...

That's how it is all the time with technology, you can't be mad at Nokia for constantly creating new products. What would be worse is if they held back their tech just to bring everything out at the same time having half old tech and new tech all at the same time.

Just how it is, with everyone, everywhere, regardless.

shubhashish

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't sound like you were mad at Nokia when Europe was getting models exclusively...

That's how it is all the time with technology, you can't be mad at Nokia for constantly creating new products. What would be worse is if they held back their tech just to bring everything out at the same time having half old tech and new tech all at the same time.

Just how it is, with everyone, everywhere, regardless.

Bringing out a new phone and upgrading the existing phone are two different things. I dont see why they launched Lumia 800 at all. I know there are new phones every week but at what rate do you see an upgrade of the same model?

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Bringing out a new phone and upgrading the existing phone are two different things. I dont see why they launched Lumia 800 at all. I know there are new phones every week but at what rate do you see an upgrade of the same model?

Their sizes are much different. They are not the same model. Nowhere near the same.

At any rate, "Mr Longitme True Nokia Fan" would of damn well known Nokia phones were always pricey, historically, and today (though it's getting better, only relatively, as smartphones get ever more expensive on average).

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

*looks at Android*

About once a week.

condescendinglaugh.jpg

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I believe it took the HTC Titan about two months. :p

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
No blame on the carriers?

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So, just to be sure I understand, you're saying you hate Nokia because they came out with a phone that's better than yours too soon for your liking? So, how long were they supposed to wait? Until you were ready to upgrade again? Or were you expecting them to ask for permission from you and all their other recent customers before releasing a newer phone?

Seriously, you should probably loosen up a bit. It's a good thing you didn't buy an HTC phone, being that they release a new phone every other week. You probably would've jumped off a bridge by now.

+1 on this one.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It was an announcement... the device has no release date. So please change "launch" to "announce".

Just a couple of months after launching the phone, you ANNOUNCE a bigger and better phone, the Lumia 900, in the US. Exclusively.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Nokia fan and your last Nokia phone was a 6600? Yeah, right.

As has been said before, there will always be something better around. That's just the way this industry moves.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
The early adopters of

anyone who fits into that catagory (and that has been many of us over the years) knows that what you are complaining about goes with the territory and we have no room to complain. sorry

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The 900 isn't an upgrade of the 800. It's a different model.

The Nokia smartphones have 3 series right now. The 7xx, 8xx, and 9xx.

If Nokia already cane out with the Lumia 810, and it had additional features, that would be an upgrade.

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The larger battery isn't a bonus. It's a requirement for LTE and the larger screen. Even with the larger battery, the 900 will probably get worse battery life than the 800.

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
A device for an entirely different market isn't an upgrade. A larger device for the USA has always been on the cards. Do your research before bunking office.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The larger battery isn't a bonus. It's a requirement for LTE and the larger screen. Even with the larger battery, the 900 will probably get worse battery life than the 800.

hopefully the manual network mode toggle added in 8170 will stay to become LTE-ified... allow disabling of the LTE IC alltogether.

Wokia

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
They have communicated about their naming scheme before. So it was obvious something higher end was coming. There's a reason it's called Lumia 800.

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss