Why I hate Nokia all the more now.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
First your looking at at least a month or 2 before this phone hits stores so now Lumia 800 owners have had there devices for what 4 months I call that not fare. Next yes we will get the 900 on at&t first and maybe for 6 months. Nokia most likely has a sale x thousands of units per month or lose the exclusive deal with at&t. When that deal is done I fully expect to see the 900 on every carrier and all over the world so be patient you will have a chance at this device or at least something like it say a 910 maybe with more memory. Nokia is a big smart company but they got pushed out of the US they want back in they need something special here and they need a big US sales partner so they dropped the 900 exclusive in at&t lap but it won't be an exclusive forever.

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This reminds me of those people that bought the first iPhone for like $800 with a 2 year contract. They rubbed it in everyone's faces, until the price dropped.

AFAIK the 800 comes unlocked too, so while us Americans will have the 900 it will probably be in the $150 range and only on AT&T, oh and not for another 2 months. It must really suck.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

MastrMeatWad

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
AT least you are able to buy a Nokia phone on your network. I have two options for carriers, Verizon and Sprint. I would love to have your Nokia phone, I would gladly drop some cash for it, but the other carriers that will carry Nokia (ATT) does not have coverage in my area (home/work). So look at it this way, you could be stuck with an old WP7 phone indefinately the way it is turning out for me. Feel sorry for me? Yeah, I didn't think so. :)

Reaction80

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Well all this 900 mania hasn't really diminished my enjoyment of my 800. As I said earlier, I could have bought the Titan and had the bigger screen and what-not, but I found the size of the 800 to be just about perfect for me. As for the ffc I've never felt the need to use such a thing.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
That's the price you pay for being an early adopter OP. This applies to everything electronics related; PC hardware, TVs, a new Call of Duty (lol?) There's always something bigger and better right around the corner like someone else posted. Bleeding edge now only seems to lasts about a few months now instead of a few years ;)

It's not like you had to settle on the 800, you saw it, pre ordered and waited in line to get what you originally wanted. Just be happy with what you have or you'll just end up hating a perfectly good phone for no good reason. My 2 pennies

L

lumic

Bringing out a new phone and upgrading the existing phone are two different things. I dont see why they launched Lumia 800 at all. I know there are new phones every week but at what rate do you see an upgrade of the same model?
LTE and a 4.3" screen are of little to no use to me. They are aimed at different markets, I'd personally be fine with the Lumia 800 if it had a FFC, but no biggie. Some of us haven't even got the choice of ANY second-gen device.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Its all good alot of American fans were dissapointed that the 800 wasn't released in NA and the 800 was specifically catered to the European market. So now America got the new model but the release date is unannouced.

I bet Europe will get the newer model first then NA second so basically just stick to your lifecycle just wait it out until the dual core Lumias come into play be happy with your 800 its a great phone

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
meh ,
i remember when the HTC diamond (WM) came out in Europe. we got it in canada 12months later. LOL

this is NOTHING new. and nothing to get mad about.

in the end thes are only cell phones... not like you dint get the house or car you wanted.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am sure it will be out in the Spring. If they waited until Fall, it would be too late.

They said its spring 2012 and the 900 was dsigned specifically for the US market according to Elop! So there will probably be a variant of the 900 format with a 9xx number I supposed and it will be on other NA carriers and probably in Europe and elsewhere but it wont be 900 and not Ace!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
For the sake of Nokia, get onboard. A successful 900 in the US helps Nokia gain footing in the major market it was weak in. How much does that help Nokia and it's standing in the rest of the world? I am sitting with a six week old Focus S CHEERING on Nokia, HTC, and Samsung as the release newer, more improved phones. I get the chance to see Windows Phones and my favorite manufacturers improve everything for my next device!!
The 800 is a great phone. Enjoy it, and grab the next big device Nokia will release that will than blow away the 900 as it comes your way in, oh, about 25 minutes or so.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa