Too early - But what would you change in Specs of 900?

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I know most of us haven't seen it in person let alone play with it. But just purely based on looking at the detailed specs, what would you change in Lumia 900? In other words, what were you expecting in your "imaginary" dream device Ace? better camera? more ram? bigger/smaller screen? more exclusive apps?

for me, two things - rest everything is just perfect.
1) 32 GB
2) why did they remove curved glass? Instead it is flat now. I havent held the 800 either. but looking at the reviews of the 800, curved glass was awesome in looks as well as navigation/gestures.

Software-wise, I'm not yet qualified to talk as this is going to be my first WP7 device, and I cant wait.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see a gig of ram. The single core processor is all that is needed for Windows Phone as it runs very efficiently but I have to say that the graphics on the games for Windows Phone are a little lackluster compared to other mobile OS's. A dual core processor could help with that a bit. Also, I would have loved to see the screen res bumped up a little for the 900. (OS restrictions aside)

I think Nokia has a real winner with the 900 and either this of the Galaxy Note will be my next phone. I am leaning toward the Nokia though as I love Windows Phone but the Note's gigantic screen and sheer power are tempting!

Last edited:

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I understand all these specs about RAM and screen-res, but Nokia has no control over that. Microsoft determines all of that.
I think I will be OK with 16 GB since a lot of services are cloud and streaming based. Personally, all my music is streamed (Spotify) and video is likely to be coming from Netflix, and maybe an occasional movie rental from Zune.
The curved glass would have been nice, but I think they were restricted because of the size of the glass, and possibly had to go to traditional.
If I really had to be picky, I would have wanted NFC so I could use the Play 360 speakers Nokia released along with the N9. I think you can still pair the 360 with the standard BT pairing steps, but the NFC opens that process and new possibilities up. But I am being really picky, it is definitely not a deal breaker. Eager for a concrete release date so I can preorder!

Lng0004

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The most obvious improvement, if it were possible, would be a higher resolution screen. Yes yes, Windows Phone restriction, but you asked. Other than this, I'm very happy with my 800, and expect the 900 to be the same.

apRPhle

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I wish it had 1 gig of ram & at least a 1.5 ghz processor. Don't rally know if 1.4 to 1.5 makes that much of a difference though. I can't wait to get this phone!

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
1. 32gb

2. More color choices, this is easy and I'm hoping for more to come out later on.

3. Curved glass, was really wanting this.

4. Bigger screen, 4.5" at least.

Everything else is out of their control on my wish list, waiting for the next major OS upgrade and then see what I want, I assume a lot of what others have mentioned is coming and I can't wait!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
1) 1 GB of RAM (512 is a minimum spec, but MS allows more)
I want this so I could load big web pages with tons of large pictures better. Like for 3D art threads in game dev forums.

2) 4.5" screen.

3). 32 GB storage option (which may be coming in the future anyway)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Obviously, better screen res, better processor would have been nice, but since that's restricted by wp7, i'll say:

curved glass, memory options (16/32/64)

BTW I know everyone says wp7 doesn't need a better processor, and that's probably true in the os, but in games and apps I would assume it could only help...

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The 32GB Option is all thats really missing based on the current WP Specs availible to manufacturers. A refresh of the device will bring the 32GB option later in the year most likely.

A better Low Light Front Facing Camera would also be greatly appreciated. I rarely use the FFC for anything other than the occational Social Media Avatar, but it would be nice to have the option of actually using the FFC in normal lighting conditions rather than Noon in the Summer Outside lighting conditions.:straight:

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
1. 32 GB option
2. Higher res screen
3. 4.0" screen (yes smaller!!! 4.0" is the PERFECT cell phone size)
4. CURVED GLASS
5. Red or Orange color option (if they did both I would be so torn!)
6. BSI camera sensor

scrapple

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
4.3 inch in the lumia 800 chasis (yes, that would rock, but probably be impossible).

Green Color (go eagles)

Skype baked into the OS (cmon microsoft, we need our facetime)

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks for hsaring your thoughts. I did forget one thing - Skype. But again, thats more of Software issue than hardware specs.
May be in future releases we might see Gorilla 2?
Another big question - can anyone answer this? Since MS didnt make any specific change for LTE (since it was apparently part of the existing build), and Lumia 800 will be sold as unlocked optimized for AT&T, can we make use of LTE in 800? or the hardware just doesnt have the radio to support it?

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
thanks for hsaring your thoughts. I did forget one thing - Skype. But again, thats more of Software issue than hardware specs.
May be in future releases we might see Gorilla 2?
Another big question - can anyone answer this? Since MS didnt make any specific change for LTE (since it was apparently part of the existing build), and Lumia 800 will be sold as unlocked optimized for AT&T, can we make use of LTE in 800? or the hardware just doesnt have the radio to support it?
You have to have the right radio in the phone for LTE to work. As far as I know the 800 doesn't have that radio. Most people will only be getting HSPA+ anyways until LTE gets rolled out in more markets, so that shouldn't be too big of an issue.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Curve glass?? that sounds horrible for gaming.

im very happy with it.

and the screen is UGE ( bigger then any WP right now i think ) **** it looked like a tablet in the vid ( unless that girl had really small hands )

to expect more is to expect a different model/ OS that support the extras.(res,duel-core, memory ect.. )

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
and the screen is UGE ( bigger then any WP right now i think ) **** it looked like a tablet in the vid ( unless that girl had really small hands )

HTC Titan/Titan II have larger screens, but it is Nokia's biggest screen to date (the E7 had a 4.0" screen). My wife has a HTC Inspire which has a 4.3 screen, and it it perfect for my big hands, but a LOT of people now want larger screens, which is probably why Samsung is doing so well with sales because they have large screens for Android/WP7

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
HTC Titan/Titan II have larger screens, but it is Nokia's biggest screen to date (the E7 had a 4.0" screen). My wife has a HTC Inspire which has a 4.3 screen, and it it perfect for my big hands, but a LOT of people now want larger screens, which is probably why Samsung is doing so well with sales because they have large screens for Android/WP7

thats what i like :D hehehe ( I have a focus )

but i still think ill wait for the WP8 later this year :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923