• $199

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Elop says it will be a very aggressive price. and considering the HTC Titan and Samsung Focus S are both $199.99 (last I checked in the AT&T Store) would $149.99 be aggressive enoiugh?

$99 would be great, and since Microsoft and Nokia are throwing a lot of money into advertising for this, it wouldn't surprise me.

My gut says $149 ...

What does everyone else think?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Some LTE devices are launching for $250. I Nokia knows they don't have the brand loyalty in the US to pull off that price point. I'm guessing it's going to be $200.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to guess iPhone5/iPhone4G $16gb price minus $50. Since we don't know either, I'm not going to give a solid number.

Apple has kept consistent pricing with their iPhones, so I doubt a 16 GB iPhone would cost more than $199, 4G/LTE and all. They'd lose too many customers because of the myriad of smartphones for under $200 already.

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
in an interview with Joshua Topolsky, Elop said it (the price point) would be appealing even to first time smartphone buyers. If 710 is released for that market segment at $49, then i wouldnt think 199 would be the target price for 900 if it has to be appealing to entry market as well. So it has to be either 99 or 149. I would go with 149.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
As long as AT&T doesn't ask me to cough up another $10/month for the privilege of using their 4G network, which I don't care about, I am ok with anything below $250 for the 900

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it will be $149 most likely. I think Nokia realizes that as a brand that doesn't have a huge loyalty in the US using a platform that is not popular in the US selling a phone that looks underspec'd on paper compared to high end phones on other OS's, that they need to price themselves below the other "superphones" to be noticed. Although, if he really said that it would be appealing to first time smartphone buyers, $99 isn't out of the question. $200 may also be considered to make the phone seem more "premium". But my official guess is $149.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
$199 wouldn't be out of the question, because how many people's first smartphone was an iPhone? $199 price tag, plus at that time, there was only one data option, $30/month. Engadget kept up with costs of phones over contract periods vs. non-contracts, and the cost of owning an iPhone was really high because of the required data and messaging packages. If I find that article I will come back to post.

The cost of the iPhone has stayed the same over 5 years and even if they announce an LTE capable iPhone, they will likely not bump the price up.

UPDATE: Original article from Engadget on cost of owning iPhone v. others (circa 2007 rates of course): http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/26/how-does-the-iphone-stack-up-in-total-cost/

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
$199 wouldn't be out of the question, because how many people's first smartphone was an iPhone? $199 price tag, plus at that time, there was only one data option, $30/month. Engadget kept up with costs of phones over contract periods vs. non-contracts, and the cost of owning an iPhone was really high because of the required data and messaging packages. If I find that article I will come back to post.

The cost of the iPhone has stayed the same over 5 years and even if they announce an LTE capable iPhone, they will likely not bump the price up.

UPDATE: Original article from Engadget on cost of owning iPhone v. others (circa 2007 rates of course): How does the iPhone stack up in total cost? -- Engadget
They never updated that article... the reduced the price of the original iPhone by $200 for each model (4gb/8gb), which would make the BlackBerry Curve the more expensive model at the time. $100 rebate to those who had already purchased and were out of their 30 days, which would still make the Curve and Pearl the more expensive options.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
$99-$149. That's my guess if the aggressive price points are to be believed. If they meant aggressive in regards to LTE devices, then I expect a $200-$249 price point.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Elop says it will be a very aggressive price. and considering the HTC Titan and Samsung Focus S are both $199.99 (last I checked in the AT&T Store) would $149.99 be aggressive enoiugh?

$99 would be great, and since Microsoft and Nokia are throwing a lot of money into advertising for this, it wouldn't surprise me.

My gut says $149 ...

What does everyone else think?
Will be $99 or LESS !

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If this phone gets the big marketing push, and ends up just being $99 with contract, then I predict major shortages for the first month or so. It's going to sell like hotcakes.

Chris Coyle

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
As long as AT&T doesn't ask me to cough up another $10/month for the privilege of using their 4G network, which I don't care about, I am ok with anything below $250 for the 900

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

How much is AT&T charging now for LTE ?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
How much is AT&T charging now for LTE ?

They aren't charging extra. You pay a standard data plan and it gives you acces to whatever networks your phone can connect to.

And although the Skyrocket did launch at $249, the rest of their lte phones launched at 199 and even the skyrocket is 199 now. So I don't think the 900 will be 249. That would not be aggresive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers