Nokia shows why it is a failing company.

nyc_rock

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thier first entry into the US market is with a subpar opening price point phone that doesnt even match up against the Samsung Focus.

Now they announce thier "Flagship" phone and dont offer it in 32gb version. What a missed opportunity to actually release a product that would be a step up on the competition. From a spec perspective, they are releasing a phone that is no better than anything that is out on the market. WP allows for so few differentiating factors but memory is where one OEM can actually take the lead. What a shame. And this is after entering the market a year late in the first place. I have no sympathy for what becomes of them.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thier first entry into the US market is with a subpar opening price point phone that doesnt even match up against the Samsung Focus.

Now they announce thier "Flagship" phone and dont offer it in 32gb version. What a missed opportunity to actually release a product that would be a step up on the competition. From a spec perspective, they are releasing a phone that is no better than anything that is out on the market. WP allows for so few differentiating factors but memory is where one OEM can actually take the lead. What a shame. And this is after entering the market a year late in the first place. I have no sympathy for what becomes of them.

You have never used the phone yet you have doomed it. 16gb is fine for 99% of consumers just look at how many iPhones sell of the 16 gb model.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

To quote Justin Timberlake.

"Go on and just cry me a river."

nyc_rock

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
To quote Justin Timberlake.

"Go on and just cry me a river."

Im not crying. I just wont buy the phone. Its just a joke to see Nokia, who is basically counting on WP to save the company, opening up with such lame offerings. The 800 had no FFC, the 710 is a piece of crap and now the 900 is just like every other WP. I mean seriously, its not like there is a huge pool of customers yet, why wouldnt they have set a new benchmark?

And I disagree about 99% of customers being ok with 16gb. I would say its more like 60%.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Im not crying. I just wont buy the phone. Its just a joke to see Nokia, who is basically counting on WP to save the company, opening up with such lame offerings. The 800 had no FFC, the 710 is a piece of crap and now the 900 is just like every other WP. I mean seriously, its not like there is a huge pool of customers yet, why wouldnt they have set a new benchmark?

And I disagree about 99% of customers being ok with 16gb. I would say its more like 60%.

Sounds a lot like crying.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The best selling iPhone is the 16gb, the best sellIng iPods are the nano (which maxes out at 16gB) and the 8 gb touch. People are buying up 8 gb iPhone 4 for $99 and 3GS for free at a very quick rate. All of this clearly demonstrates the consumer desire for higher storage on mobile products. Heaven forbid Nokia focus on the most desired, most profitable size while trying to make a comeback instead of investing in making a larger capacity that hardly anyone will buy.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im starting to think Trollers from Android Central and TIPIBS and even crackberry are responsible for these post...

its always uninformed post that bash WP .. with a OP with less then 3-20 post under his belt....

i wish i could filter out Threads.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just because you want a phone with more storage doesn't mean everyone does. The vast majority of consumers will be fine with it. Most probably won't even ask or care about how many GBs it has. Nokia won't fail. And if they do, it won't be because of that.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

dyne2199#WP

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
16GB of storage is plenty for me for how I use my phone. I'm a current Android user (HTC Inspire 4G running the Absolution ROM, 2.3.7 Gingerbread-based) with a 32GB MicroSD on top of 4GB of internal storage and the only thing I use my SD card for is storing custom ROMs, which I'm sick of flashing, lol. I always have around 24GB of free card space, so having a phone with 16GB of onboard storage suits me just fine. Can't wait for the 900's release, especially since I'm up for my subsidy next month. :)

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The guy just need to see some hands on opinions doing initial reviews by engadget and The verge etc etc... people are wowed and even most fanboys who comment on those sites dont have much to say against the new offering. so may be pal, you just know something no one else has figured out. Not even Morgan Stanley..

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The Lumia 710 is a solid device that is an awesome option at it's price point.

And the Lumia 900 is a solid and beautiful device as well.

Specs aren't everything. Both of devices will give customers a solid and positive experience. They just need to try them out to see.

And with the ad campaigns coming out, I'm sure that many will be more than willing to give it a try.

Nokia is off to a great start. They have pretty much all the buzz coming out of CES. They have changed the minds of a bunch of tech bloggers that didn't believe in them. And they have already stated that the BIG things are coming with Apollo (WP8). So we have a lot to look forward to.

With all that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nokia come out with a 32 GB option for the 900 at a later date.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
As I have said before. The trolls come out in droves. When the platform starts to pick up steam. So be prepared for the inevitable outcome to come.

P.s.
Troll repellant is expensive, so just use a 48 inch Louisville Slugger.

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Christ I'm sick of the "We don't think anyone should have a choice because I'm too much of a tight arse to pay for a higher model" group, it's really getting old.

iPhone release, go to buy one, "I'll have a 32GB please!" "Oh sorry, they're sold out, we only have 16Gb or 8Gb".

They might sell more low end overall, but it's always the high end that sells first and sells out.

Plenty of us that have 2-3 year old 32gb phones that don't want to downgrade our storage and manage playlists weekly.

It's generally those that spring for the top model higher capacity that are the most likely to convince their friends to buy a similar product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss