Gorrila Glass?

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if Nokia is on board with Gorilla Glass? I looked on the Corning's website but didn't see Nokia listed as one of the companies that uses Gorilla Glass.

I am assuming they use something comparable? Anyone have any insight on this?

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Their Symbian devices definitely do. I have my reservations about the Lumia 800s glass though which is showing 2 considerable scratches with no misuse that I can't account for. Only had it 2 days when they appreared whereas my N8 took a year of abuse and the screen stayed mint. Maybe I just got unlucky.

Oliver Sainsbury

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if Nokia is on board with Gorilla Glass? I looked on the Corning's website but didn't see Nokia listed as one of the companies that uses Gorilla Glass.

I am assuming they use something comparable? Anyone have any insight on this?
Plenty of reviews have referred to the Lumia 800 having Gorilla Glass and some have said the Lumia 710 also has Gorilla Glass, but not all. Some claim it has a plastic screen. Thus, if the Lumia 710 has Gorilla Glass I would guess the Lumia 900 does too.

This IGN article mentions the Lumia 900 having Gorilla Glass, but in the confussion of CES it could be a mistake.

Last edited:

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading something not too long ago about Nokia using Gorilla Glass or a comprable competitor. That is the reason they don't list Gorilla Glass in the specs, sometimes its Gorilla, some times its a Competitor, but it is always scratch resistent glass.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Most of the big players have their own equivalent glass technology now. Most claim to be as good as Gorilla Glass.

Though, Gorilla Glass 2 just came out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos