AT&T?s Q1 2012 roadmap: Nokia Lumia 900 to launch March 18th for $99.99

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That gave me goosebumps. lol

If that article is accurate, it really is a true game changer. The Lumia 900 at $99.99? Wow.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Just to elaborate... I LOVE my Titan. But that Lumia 900 makes me drool like crazy. It's a beautiful device.

When I look at the $0.01 I paid for the Titan that I'm very happy with, all I see now is that the price of it has prevented me from getting a Lumia 900 for only $100.

haha

The grass is always greener...

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The real question is how will you secure one at that price point? :straight: If they're going that route, they should add the Magenta version to the release mix so that most people can actually get one. The Titan sold out at twice that price point, so you know these things will be damn near impossible to grab if they launch all that advertising they've been talking about for a year.

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea it seems this price is legit from other sources as well. Not only I am excited to switch from Android to this phone but clearly my bank account will be excited to.

Dear Manufacturers,

That is how you aggressively price a phone to sell.

Sincerely,

Fogel's wallet.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
If this is true, I will be at the ATT store door at 12 to pick up by Cyan Nokia 900 for sure. Kinda unsure about that $99 price tag though...more along the lines of $149-199...but hey i'll take $99 all day long. March needs to hurry up and get here.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
While I LOVE the idea of buying such an amazing phone at that price, I do have concerns. With WP7 phones selling at bargain prices already, like the Radar for $49, it will start to make the Windows Phone OS appear to be the bargain basement of operating systems. I know Android offers low end devices but they also have high end devices and they are priced accordingly.

I know Nokia is just trying to buy market share with this price but you don't want to hurt the brand. It's like when Hyundai entered the American car market with VERY cheap cars. Now they've established a beachhead in the market but they are perceived as a budget brand and have been struggling to sell higher end automobiles. I hope that when the Apollo chassis requirements are released, the WP8 (?) phones will be able to stake out a position as a phone that is cool to own rather than one that you buy because it's cheap and all you can afford.

That said, if they bring something like the 900 to Verizon at such a low price, I'll have to see about breaking my contract...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
While I LOVE the idea of buying such an amazing phone at that price, I do have concerns. With WP7 phones selling at bargain prices already, like the Radar for $49, it will start to make the Windows Phone OS appear to be the bargain basement of operating systems. I know Android offers low end devices but they also have high end devices and they are priced accordingly.

I know Nokia is just trying to buy market share with this price but you don't want to hurt the brand. It's like when Hyundai entered the American car market with VERY cheap cars. Now they've established a beachhead in the market but they are perceived as a budget brand and have been struggling to sell higher end automobiles. I hope that when the Apollo chassis requirements are released, the WP8 (?) phones will be able to stake out a position as a phone that is cool to own rather than one that you buy because it's cheap and all you can afford.

That said, if they bring something like the 900 to Verizon at such a low price, I'll have to see about breaking my contract...

The HTC Titan II launches on the same day for $199. So maybe that will help to alleviate your concerns.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

If true, I'll be excited. To me, the price point, doesn't make it like Hyundai. Why? Because Nokia has already established themselves with their high-end devices, prior to WP. In fact, the U.S. market needed/wanted them to be cheaper in order for Americans to buy.

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just to elaborate... I LOVE my Titan. But that Lumia 900 makes me drool like crazy. It's a beautiful device.

When I look at the $0.01 I paid for the Titan that I'm very happy with, all I see now is that the price of it has prevented me from getting a Lumia 900 for only $100.

haha

The grass is always greener...

Sell the Titan before the 900 comes out or right after.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99