02-21-2012 10:39 AM
50 12
tools
    That would be awesome?

http://m.bgr.com/2012/01/25/atts-q1-...8th-for-99-99/

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-25-2012 11:44 AM
    Imagine seeing it next to $249 and $299 Android LTE phones, haha.
    01-25-2012 11:53 AM
    That gave me goosebumps. lol

If that article is accurate, it really is a true game changer. The Lumia 900 at $99.99? Wow.
    aubreyq likes this.
    01-25-2012 11:58 AM
    That gave me goosebumps. lol

If that article is accurate, it really is a true game changer. The Lumia 900 at $99.99? Wow.
    No kidding. That price is amazing. Nokia is serious about this, very serious.
    01-25-2012 11:59 AM
    Now I feel like the $0.01 I paid for my Titan was too expensive.
    01-25-2012 12:12 PM
    I know BGR doesn't have a good track record with rumors coming true but I really hope this one pans out. That's an amazing price for an amazing phone.

Now I feel like the $0.01 I paid for my Titan was too expensive.
    lol
    aubreyq likes this.
    01-25-2012 12:13 PM
    I think they should like I said before iPhone 4s in 2012 will be 99$ might as well get a head start
    01-25-2012 12:21 PM
    Fingers and toes are crossed 'this turns out to be true...
    aubreyq likes this.
    01-25-2012 12:26 PM
    Just to elaborate... I LOVE my Titan. But that Lumia 900 makes me drool like crazy. It's a beautiful device.

When I look at the $0.01 I paid for the Titan that I'm very happy with, all I see now is that the price of it has prevented me from getting a Lumia 900 for only $100.

haha

The grass is always greener...
    01-25-2012 12:28 PM
    I'm due to upgrade in March... it's a long shot if this is out in the UK by then, but I sincerely hope so!
    01-25-2012 12:30 PM
    That's a great price point!

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    01-25-2012 12:35 PM
    The real question is how will you secure one at that price point? If they're going that route, they should add the Magenta version to the release mix so that most people can actually get one. The Titan sold out at twice that price point, so you know these things will be damn near impossible to grab if they launch all that advertising they've been talking about for a year.
    01-25-2012 01:02 PM
    Imagine seeing it next to $249 and $299 Android LTE phones, haha.
    We'll see, in the att store that I shop the windows phone are almost on the corner with iPhone 3gs....
    01-25-2012 01:07 PM
    Yea it seems this price is legit from other sources as well. Not only I am excited to switch from Android to this phone but clearly my bank account will be excited to.

Dear Manufacturers,

That is how you aggressively price a phone to sell.

Sincerely,

Fogel's wallet.
    Winterfang likes this.
    01-25-2012 01:49 PM
    If this is true, I will be at the ATT store door at 12 to pick up by Cyan Nokia 900 for sure. Kinda unsure about that $99 price tag though...more along the lines of $149-199...but hey i'll take $99 all day long. March needs to hurry up and get here.
    01-25-2012 02:40 PM
    While I LOVE the idea of buying such an amazing phone at that price, I do have concerns. With WP7 phones selling at bargain prices already, like the Radar for $49, it will start to make the Windows Phone OS appear to be the bargain basement of operating systems. I know Android offers low end devices but they also have high end devices and they are priced accordingly.

I know Nokia is just trying to buy market share with this price but you don't want to hurt the brand. It's like when Hyundai entered the American car market with VERY cheap cars. Now they've established a beachhead in the market but they are perceived as a budget brand and have been struggling to sell higher end automobiles. I hope that when the Apollo chassis requirements are released, the WP8 (?) phones will be able to stake out a position as a phone that is cool to own rather than one that you buy because it's cheap and all you can afford.

That said, if they bring something like the 900 to Verizon at such a low price, I'll have to see about breaking my contract...
    01-25-2012 04:23 PM
    While I LOVE the idea of buying such an amazing phone at that price, I do have concerns. With WP7 phones selling at bargain prices already, like the Radar for $49, it will start to make the Windows Phone OS appear to be the bargain basement of operating systems. I know Android offers low end devices but they also have high end devices and they are priced accordingly.

I know Nokia is just trying to buy market share with this price but you don't want to hurt the brand. It's like when Hyundai entered the American car market with VERY cheap cars. Now they've established a beachhead in the market but they are perceived as a budget brand and have been struggling to sell higher end automobiles. I hope that when the Apollo chassis requirements are released, the WP8 (?) phones will be able to stake out a position as a phone that is cool to own rather than one that you buy because it's cheap and all you can afford.

That said, if they bring something like the 900 to Verizon at such a low price, I'll have to see about breaking my contract...
    The HTC Titan II launches on the same day for $199. So maybe that will help to alleviate your concerns.
    01-25-2012 04:25 PM

If true, I'll be excited. To me, the price point, doesn't make it like Hyundai. Why? Because Nokia has already established themselves with their high-end devices, prior to WP. In fact, the U.S. market needed/wanted them to be cheaper in order for Americans to buy.
    01-25-2012 05:27 PM
    Just to elaborate... I LOVE my Titan. But that Lumia 900 makes me drool like crazy. It's a beautiful device.

When I look at the $0.01 I paid for the Titan that I'm very happy with, all I see now is that the price of it has prevented me from getting a Lumia 900 for only $100.

haha

The grass is always greener...
    Sell the Titan before the 900 comes out or right after.
    01-25-2012 05:30 PM
    Well screw T-mobile. I need this phone, I'll be holding out on my Tax break for this :D.
    01-25-2012 05:41 PM
    Wish it was coming to T-Mobile. Guess I will have to settle for the 710
    01-25-2012 09:55 PM
    Shoot... I was planning on hanging on an iPhone 4 I got off craigslist till Apollo devices came out. I'm really hoping for higher screen resolution. $99 is tempting but 480x800 on a screen that large is a tough pill to swallow once you are used to 300+ DPI screens...
    01-25-2012 10:51 PM
    The Nokia Apollo device, should be fantastic. But it's hard to resist the Lumia 900. (Worst if you hold of getting the 800 because of that )
    01-25-2012 11:28 PM
    The HTC Titan II launches on the same day for $199. So maybe that will help to alleviate your concerns.
    Actually, there are articles now saying that the low price in the 900 will kill demand in the HTC Titan II. See it here -http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/01/25/the-htc-titan-ii-is-dead-on-arrival/ I just don't want the WP devices to be pigeonholed as the down market alternative. Why would anyone pay twice as much for a phone that offers little more than a larger screen and a higher mp camera.
    01-25-2012 11:53 PM
    March 18 is actually the day I get my art upgrade. Hmmmm, interesting....

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7, the official WP of WeeBears everywhere, using Board Express
    01-26-2012 02:03 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD