03-04-2012 02:14 PM
26 12
tools
    Has anyone heard a date for the 900 to come to att ?

I heard the 18 along time ago but MS, ATT and Nokia are not talking

I really want to plan my move for the family from Sprint to ATT ..
    02-27-2012 06:11 PM
    nothing yet, sorry bud :(
    02-27-2012 06:53 PM
    I'm hearing its going to be delayed at least a couple of weeks,
    02-27-2012 09:31 PM
    oh man....that stinks if the 900 is delayed. I was really looking forward to its release....this would have been the first phone i have ever got on day one..(aside from the fact of being at the store at opening time to pick it up..first there too). Hopefully the Microsoft presentation will give more info.
    Winterfang likes this.
    02-27-2012 09:46 PM
    Interesting that the rest of the world is planning to release their version of the 900 45 days after 3/18. So much for exclusives.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    02-27-2012 09:53 PM
    Regardless I'm not waiting for at&t to release updates so I'm buying an unlocked un branded 900. I'm not wasting my money on any more phones from at&t unless there is a big reduction in price. I will be paying full price no matter where I get my 900 so mine will be unlocked.
    02-27-2012 10:00 PM
    I'm hearing its going to be delayed at least a couple of weeks,
    Man... nothing like throwing me under a bus I was hoping..
    02-27-2012 10:02 PM
    Regardless I'm not waiting for at&t to release updates so I'm buying an unlocked un branded 900. I'm not wasting my money on any more phones from at&t unless there is a big reduction in price. I will be paying full price no matter where I get my 900 so mine will be unlocked.
    anybody got any questions on what the unlocked price MIGHT be??? I'm gonna take a guess and say $700.
    02-27-2012 10:04 PM
    wow 700 is way to much to be paying for a phone. I thought I saw that in Europe it was going for 450 euro. I guess that would put in in the 500 plus USA range.
    I love to see a review on it like from PhoneDog or Cnet, Even more I like to know how the call voice quality going to be like.
    02-27-2012 10:39 PM
    wow 700 is way to much to be paying for a phone. I thought I saw that in Europe it was going for 450 euro. I guess that would put in in the 500 plus USA range.
    I love to see a review on it like from PhoneDog or Cnet, Even more I like to know how the call voice quality going to be like.
    I'm just guessing on the $700 price. $500 is probably closer to the actual price but again we're just pulling numbers out of the air right now. Microsoft needs to come on with some info.
    02-27-2012 10:52 PM
    Awesome that it's coming to Canada through Rogers in April! But too bad Rogers offer such crappy contracts...dunno if I should just by the phone outright or not...and the 900 doesn't seem to support other networks like the 710 does :dry
    02-27-2012 10:54 PM
    i seem to be the only one thats ticked off that we got no price, color or release date for the 900. today was the day to do it and nothing happened. all the windowsphone ppl are patting eachother on their virtual backs today and for what. low end phones and a really nice camera thats not running WP7. i bought my 1st WP full price just so there wouldnt be any problems upgrading. its taken alot to resist the new phones, titan, new focus etc. if i dont get a date soon i think the Note is my next phone, since the awful updating droid is known for is making its way to WP. htc/att and no updates since mango btw..
    02-28-2012 12:12 AM
    It's been my experience when selling one of my old phones that unbranded/unlocked GSM phones always sell real fast on eBay for a decent price.
    02-28-2012 12:34 AM
    I'm just guessing on the $700 price. $500 is probably closer to the actual price but again we're just pulling numbers out of the air right now. Microsoft needs to come on with some info.
    I'll guess $600 on the initial release date, but right after that you'll find a decent price on Amazon, or eBay or NewEgg.
    ALborntoride likes this.
    02-28-2012 12:36 AM
    I wouldn't give Cnet's phone crew much weight when it comes to Windows Phone. I just listened to the latest Dialed In. Brian Bennett didn't even know that the next update is going to be called Apollo, and Jessica Dolcourt is equally ignorant.

One of the most balanced reviews of WP I've seen was actually of the 710 over on Mobile Syrup.
    02-28-2012 12:57 AM
    I'll guess $600 on the initial release date, but right after that you'll find a decent price on Amazon, or eBay or NewEgg.
    Don't expect that price to change very much. No subsidies or anything else. Was looking at the GoPhone plans on AT&T tonight. When my contract is up next month I can switch and save about $33/month. That's $594 in 18 months + the initial $99 (presumably) for the 900 on contract. Think I figured out how to pay for an unlocked phone.

02-28-2012 01:38 AM
    I wouldn't give Cnet's phone crew much weight when it comes to Windows Phone. I just listened to the latest Dialed In. Brian Bennett didn't even know that the next update is going to be called Apollo, and Jessica Dolcourt is equally ignorant.

One of the most balanced reviews of WP I've seen was actually of the 710 over on Mobile Syrup.
    Yea, I'm not a real big fan of Cnet. Their reviews seem kinda biased sometimes and their reviewers don't seem very knowledgeable at times. I like WP reviews :) and those on phonescoop.
    02-28-2012 08:05 AM
    i seem to be the only one thats ticked off that we got no price, color or release date for the 900. today was the day to do it and nothing happened. all the windowsphone ppl are patting eachother on their virtual backs today and for what. low end phones and a really nice camera thats not running WP7. i bought my 1st WP full price just so there wouldnt be any problems upgrading. its taken alot to resist the new phones, titan, new focus etc. if i dont get a date soon i think the Note is my next phone, since the awful updating droid is known for is making its way to WP. htc/att and no updates since mango btw..
    Unfortunatelky whether youre thge only one or one of many thats not getting the 900 here any sooner. Patience is a virtue but its hard to come by!
    02-28-2012 03:15 PM
    Don't expect that price to change very much. No subsidies or anything else. Was looking at the GoPhone plans on AT&T tonight. When my contract is up next month I can switch and save about $33/month. That's $594 in 18 months + the initial $99 (presumably) for the 900 on contract. Think I figured out how to pay for an unlocked phone.

Jimski, I am curious, do the GoPhone plans offer the same data speeds as post-paid? I have heard that they are throttled.
    03-02-2012 02:28 AM
    I was just in an AT&T store in Phoenix today, and one of the employees said they had a rep in just the other day with a 900. So that at least sounds positive, at least one has landed in the US. :P
    feizai77 likes this.
    03-03-2012 01:33 AM
    I was just in an AT&T store in Phoenix today, and one of the employees said they had a rep in just the other day with a 900. So that at least sounds positive, at least one has landed in the US. :P
    Yep.very helpful. Losing patience on NO News. Rest of the world know when they are getting & At&t is screwing us.
    03-03-2012 02:17 AM
    This thread states April 1st is the more likely reality according to some AT&T reps. I really believe there is something AT&T is holding up, because I know Nokia is excited to get this out the door in a jiffy, so I can't imagine Nokia not being able to deliver the device in ample time. :mad:
    03-03-2012 11:19 AM
    You'll forgive me if I don't put a lot of stock in "what an AT&T guy told me at a store". :D

That said, the rumored March 18th isn't on much firmer ground, either.

I wonder if it'll be quietly launched? Has Apple paid AT&T for the exclusive on lines-around-the-block on phone release day? ;)
    03-03-2012 12:32 PM
    Talked to my local ATT Store yesterday and they told me that they have received word that they will be getting more training soon for the Nokia lumia 900 phones. He said there was not a date for the training but it will be soon.. I hope they don't train them and they not release the phone for another 4 weeks so they forget all about it. Training and release should be almost they same time frame.

I think this is coming soon I'm hoping its not April 1st..

Also has anyone heard about the family shared data plans that ATT are going to offer ?
    I would like to get on board with this .. since I am moving my wife and kids over from Sprint and the arrives that they have.. They ask me almost every day when is the Nokia phone coming .. GOD I HATE SPRINT NOW....

Mark
    03-03-2012 04:40 PM
    ...Also has anyone heard about the family shared data plans that ATT are going to offer ?....
    I've been following this as close as I can. I want to switch my wife from T-Mobile to AT&T. I have found no confirmed date yet.
    03-03-2012 05:06 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD