Are they killing the hype?

jgschwandtner

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
How about Nokia send out complimentary ibuprofen to all those who have posted in this thread? I know they're not obligated, but it would be a nice gesture?

Drivingrain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

It's Monday March 5 and nada from NOK/MSFT/ATT.

I think the hype has been oficially killed for me.

I am shopping for a new home A/V setup (TV/Receiver/Speakers/Gaming/everything) this weekend and all the best mid-range Denon/Pioneer/etc receivers are setup for Apple compatibility. And then there's all the other reasons to just stick with Iphone (apps, blah,blah, blah). For the first time yesterday, I am seriously considering just sticking with Apple.

It's all compunded with a personal animous that has built up by NOK/MSFT/ATT just not giving 2 sh*ts about the 900's consumer launch date.

My policy will be this:
I will buy a phone on March 18. I will first go to AT&T. If the Lumia 900 is there, I will buy it. If it's not there, then I will buy whatever the latest Iphone is either at AT&T or at Sprint.

I know Im just a speck of dust and most of you will just tell me not to have the door hit me on the way out....I get that. But man oh man, launches are important. The press is reporting March 18 as fact and NOK has not taken one opportunity to temper expectations. It may not turn out to be a PR disaster. But it's certainly a mis-step and it might cost them at least one customer; that customer in this case happens to be a CEO of a company, i.e. me, and my company is being bought by a much bigger company...i.e. I have the ability to influence a little.

Im still going to AT&T on the 18th and that day will decide if I stay Iphone or go Lumia 900. Im tempted to go today b/c my current phone is in such bad shape...but im sticking to this policy.

What will be amazing to me is if we still hear nothing from AT&T or NOK by the close this coming Monday. They cant sit back and let BGR and others jerk their customers around like this. After 75 days since announcement...these potential customers deserve some kind of official communication and again, I'll be shocked if we dont hear from them by Monday (at the latest).

Last edited:

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
From the article: "Lumia 900 hadn?t yet received technical acceptance"; so how is that their fault?! Good grief, the expectations here are insane.

I don't think my expectations, nor the expectations of others in this thread are insane. If Nokia wasn't ready to release this thing relatively soon after announcing it, then they should have waited.

By the time this thing FINALLY releases, if the rumors are true, a lot of people would have either bought a different phone, or will just wait for Apollo phones. The complete silence from Nokia and AT&T about this phone is pissing people off, and they don't HAVE to say anything, but they're stupid not to. Give a release date and start advertising the **** out of it to get, and keep people excited.

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's insane or laughable to want a response from someone that took money to reserve one of these, so I keep hoping the Microsoft Store will put out some official information soon.

grossitch

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You have got to be kidding me.... If that turns out to be true, then Nokia and AT&T are dropping the ball here big time.

Totally agree! You can't announce a phone in early January and release it in late April if you want to optimize success/sales. Apples strategy of tight announcement and release windows is proven best practice.

All that said, what do we think the "coming soon" banner on the AT&T website is about if not the Lumia 900? I'm still holding out some hope.

Last edited:

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree! You can't announce a phone in early January and release it in late April if you want to optimize success/sales. Apples strategy of tight announcement and release windows is proven best practice.

All that said, what do we think the "coming soon" banner on the AT&T website is about if not the Lumia 900? I'm still holding out some hope.

The coming soon banner was probably for the iPad 3 but no one ever took it down. They do not do that type of stuff for a phone launch that is now more than a month away.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The coming soon banner was probably for the iPad 3 but no one ever took it down. They do not do that type of stuff for a phone launch that is now more than a month away.

I seriously doubt someone just forgot to take it down...especially now that there's 3 bullet points.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm debating on getting the Nokia Lumia 900, or waiting for the new BB10 devices. Also, isn't $99.99 a little low for a flagship device?

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm debating on getting the Nokia Lumia 900, or waiting for the new BB10 devices. Also, isn't $99.99 a little low for a flagship device?

I'd wait for the 900, but I'm a little biased since I think blackberry is crap nowadays and have no idea what they're doing.

And the price is supposed to be aggressive for Nokias return to the US market.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I'd wait for the 900, but I'm a little biased since I think blackberry is crap nowadays and have no idea what they're doing.

I am with you (I've never had a BB and dont plan on it) the 900 looks good to me and the pricing is supposed to be really really agressive so that Nokia can jump in with both feet and get some immediate traction here in the US.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am also very tired of seeing the title of this thread! It makes me want to post in caps no and lock the thread to further comments.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

That's how I'm leaning...especially since I've always been a fan of Nokia's hardware. Did they ever fix WP7 so that it's able to sync more than one calendar?

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured out what "amazing everyday" means. Its amazing how we keep coming back everyday to wpcentral looking for the release info of this amazing phone. That's amazing everyday. I'm sad at my discovery :-(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Wasn't Luke a little short to be a storm trooper? I kid. I for one would never argue the price of $99 dollars for an LTE smart phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99