This thing is huge apparently

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't have a problem with the size. I don't have big hands (I can't palm a basketball or anything) but the HD7 fits nicely in my hand, and I have handled a Titan which didn't feel all that much bigger. I don't think the 900 would be a problem for me.

It takes a bit getting used to when you have a big phone for the first time because now anything I use that is smaller than an HD7 feels tiny to me.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I went and played around with the Titan last night just to try and get a feel for this phone.. And it just feels huge to me. I think it's probably just because I've been using an iPhone for years that anything bigger just feels so different.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm so pumped for the 900 so I can make a return to Nokia hardware (and one of the reasons I chose WP was when MS and Nokia announced their marriage).

But...after going from the 10.5mm thick Focus to the 8.8mm Focus S, the original Focus feels like a brick. Even going from a 14mm thick BlackBerry to the 10.5mm Focus, that felt like a miracle to have a phone so thin.

Not sure I can deal with 11mm thick :blush: The rest of the dimensions I can deal with, but thinness makes a tall and wide phone manageable.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I want it to be nice and sturdy, screw this thin and light crap. Falls out of your hand then and shatters. Also I've found larger phones are easier to handle one handed if they have some weight.

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I played with the 800 last night and I have to say it was really the perfect size. I have had a Titan and loved it, but it did live up to it's name although it was pretty thin which made it managable. I pre-ordered the 900 but I am surprised just how much i loved the the size of the 800.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree on the size of the 800 completely. In fact, if it wasn't for the pentile technology I would probably skip the 900.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It probably wouldn't bother me if I hadn't been using the focus s before. I'm surprised the screen size difference doesn't bother me more, but it is only an issue when I'm typing.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
It probably wouldn't bother me if I hadn't been using the focus s before. I'm surprised the screen size difference doesn't bother me more, but it is only an issue when I'm typing.

The screen still looks good to me, coming from an iPhone 4, and even if it isnt the greatest because of the pentile display, its outweighed by the size/design/build quality of the 800.

The ONLY reason im getting the 900 is that I can get it subsidized. I dont have the kind of money to buy an unlocked 800 off ebay/amazon, and for sure dont have enough to buy the bundle from microsoft.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't carry the Titan around without a case as it's too slippery; so if I can get rid of a case on the 900 it's going to be much better.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
This phone might pull me away from BlackBerry. I just wonder how hard it'll be to find accessories, such as hard cases, for.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
This phone might pull me away from BlackBerry. I just wonder how hard it'll be to find accessories, such as hard cases, for.

One thing that's really pushing me towards Nokia is the attention to the accessories; for other brands they are a second thought whereas Nokia seem to be pushing lots of the out; cases, headsets, bluetooth etc...

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I played with the 800 last night and I have to say it was really the perfect size. I have had a Titan and loved it, but it did live up to it's name although it was pretty thin which made it managable. I pre-ordered the 900 but I am surprised just how much i loved the the size of the 800.

I also played with an 800 a couple days ago, and even though I do have larger hands (currently have an HD7 and use it one-handed with either hand no problem) I found it to be perfect in hand as well! I tried typing a few texts and made less errors than I typically do on my HD7, in portrait mode! This speaks to both the brilliance of WPs software keyboard AND the responsiveness of the 800 screen. It was a great experience! Great enough for me to live with out an ffc for a little while longer... If TELUS gets it in white, it's my next phone. I'll check out the 900 when Rogers releases it just to be fair, but I don't really want a big phone again after experiencing the 800...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo