This thing is huge apparently

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm also disappointed with how big it is, I really would prefer a phone the size of the 800. After playing with it at the Microsoft store I would buy one of I could get It subsidized.

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Its about the same size height and width wise as a galaxy s 2
I'm also disappointed with how big it is, I really would prefer a phone the size of the 800.

No way. Maybe the size of one of the ******* Galaxy S II's with the larger screens, but my original Galaxy S II is a lot smaller than my Titan.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It's listed as 1.8mm longer and 1.5mm wider than the Focus S, but considerably fatter and heavier. One of its 'cons' at Phone Arena was "the huge dimensions allow it to be used as a brick replacement".
Nokia phones have always tended to be bricks, but they have also been more durable than others.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Very similar to the Focus S, but yes, thicker and heavier. The Titan is noticeably larger, but not by very much.

Front
9Qapq.jpg

Side
uu9oE.jpg

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
That's unfortunate. I have the Titan and find it too large of a pocketable device already. This takes me out of the 900 market. =(

I just wish they would make the 800 with a FFC.

grossitch

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, it worries me too. I was on the Lumia 900 bandwagon, but am now concerned at how big this thing will feel. Time will tell.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Im still planning on buying the 900, mainly because I know the 800 will never be available subsidized. Its a beautiful phone and im just gonna have to deal with the size.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
It has a awful big battery. But the the Droid Razr Maxx has a 40% larger battery and is 2.5mm thinner. How the heck did they do that? Or did they. Anybody want to measure the Maxx.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It has a awful big battery. But the the Droid Razr Maxx has a 40% larger battery and is 2.5mm thinner. How the heck did they do that? Or did they. Anybody want to measure the Maxx.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Nokia has always built a little thicker and heavier, I suspect mostly in their concern for durability. My housemates N900 could be used as a blunt instrument, but it was a great phone.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not surprised by this. The 800 has alot of material around the screen, especially at the bottom, so it makes sense that the 900 would be large as well.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Since it has extra materials and Gorilla Glass, can it just be carried around naked? I wonder if the plastic is scraped is it blue all the way through so the scrape won't be so noticible?

-m

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Since it has extra materials and Gorilla Glass, can it just be carried around naked? I wonder if the plastic is scraped is it blue all the way through so the scrape won't be so noticible?

-m

The polycarbonate should be the color all the way through so a scratch shouldnt be noticible.

grossitch

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

-m

I see this as a major under-the-radar benefit of this phone. I'm always having to worry about having my iPhone 4 in a protective case. The 900 looks very durable and the polycarbonate should basically act as a case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte