New Rumor Points to April 22nd

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
.... and Apple gets lambasted by people too for that because they do not preview or announce upcoming devices. Just a keynote and will be available now, in a week, or two weeks. Tends to annoy people who just bought the old device because Apple did not say a peep that the next device was weeks away.

You can't please everybody no matter which way you go, but Nokia could at least set a release date at this point and confirm it.

Apple had a pretty set product cycle, and even though there wasn't official news there were reports at least a month out that a new iPad was coming soon.

Drivingrain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Apple had a pretty set product cycle, and even though there wasn't official news there were reports at least a month out that a new iPad was coming soon.

adding to your point, it's not like the Lumia was replacing anything in the US, so adding to Nokia
's screwup is the fact that the be-careful-not-to-surprise-your-existing-customers-with-updated-product logic does not apply to the Lumia 900 in the US.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
At this point we do0nt know if its a scewup or on anybody's part or not it s all rumors And if it is a screwup we dont definitively know if its Nokia or ATT? or maybe its a problem at the FCC.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Read a report that Nokia guys at SXSW have 900's (ATT) Maybe its coming in March or early April. Who knows ? its all rumors until something official is announced!

Drivingrain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
At this point we do0nt know if its a scewup or on anybody's part or not it s all rumors And if it is a screwup we dont definitively know if its Nokia or ATT? or maybe its a problem at the FCC.

So far the official Nokia screw up tally is only one. But it's a big one. They announced the 900 inthe U.S. to much fanfare and praise and over 60 days later they have said absolutely nothing about it. It doesnt matter why there's a holdup (NOK/ATT/FCC/whatever)...that's a big screw-up all by itself from a marketing/PR perspective and I dont see how anyone can reasonably argue that it was ok for Nokia to go any longer than MWC and just say nothing.

The unofficial Nokia screw-up tally is much larger of course; and to your point, these ther items are highly subjective:
1. Sitting back and letting internet media rumors jerk your customers around from rumored release date to rumored release date while never stepping in to say anything
2. Waiting at least 60 days to launch a product after announcement. I call that a major screw-up, others try to argue that customers like that much of a heads-up.
3. They go to MWC and launch the 900 around the world, allow release dates for those phones to be rumored in April, hold umpteen press conferences, and meanwhile act like the US announcement never even happened. No follow up, nothing. This one is related to the offical screw-up above, the differentiator here being that they rubbed it in our noses by spending so much time at MWC on Lumia...just not the one we're waiting for.
4. This fail goes to the press: how do they let NOK hold these press conferences at MWC and not ask the question about the 900's US launch
5,6 ,7...there's probably more...

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok that means its probably pushed back, but thats ok. I'm actually more apt to believe the rumored push back date of Sunday April 8th than April 22nd at this point though.

I would really like some information from somewhere official. This keeping everybody in the dark thing is getting annoying. April 8th? Fine. April 22nd? Fine, just tell us so we don't sit here wondering.

Drivingrain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok that means its probably pushed back, but thats ok. I'm actually more apt to believe the rumored push back date of Sunday April 8th than April 22nd at this point though.

I would really like some information from somewhere official. This keeping everybody in the dark thing is getting annoying. April 8th? Fine. April 22nd? Fine, just tell us so we don't sit here wondering.

OT: How do you like your Focus? Im thinking the strategy for me may be to get the latest Focus and upgrade to whatever the best WP hardware is when I AT&T lets me upgrade next.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
OT: How do you like your Focus? Im thinking the strategy for me may be to get the latest Focus and upgrade to whatever the best WP hardware is when I AT&T lets me upgrade next.

The focus is great. Runs buttery smooth like any WP device. Has a very vivid screen (is pentile, but doesn't bother me at all), good and fast NAND memory, good form factor and weight ect. Built a little "plasticy" like most Samsung phones but not an issue for me. It keeps the weight minimal and is useful when dropping as well since absorbs much of the shock/can flex.

I use a thin Argyle Gel case that makes the form factor perfect and makes it feel very solid. Run around $5-10 in different colors on amazon.

Camera is decent but not great. Only has 8GB storage but thats been plenty for me. Overall I have no complaints. Looking to get something a bit more modern but it wouldn't bother me at all holding on to this until Apollo / Windows Phone 8.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
At&T's coming soon banner is down.

Wow...that probably means that this is not At&t's fault, but Nokia not being ready yet. I'd be a lot happier with a refined Lumia 900 then an unfinished product. As long as I don't have to wait another 5-6 weeks and end up having to wait even longer for updates. What I'm hoping now is that these updates that Nokia is releasing for Lumia 800 are being implemented in to the 900. Hopefully that's what we are waiting this long for.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
At&T's coming soon banner is down.

Yep. If you hover over the bubble, it says "The new iPad coming soon". I'm sure the "Coming soon!" banner was referring to the iPad from the get go. So geez... what is happening to all the buzz around Nokia, Microsoft, and AT&T launching the Lumia 900?
The 900 is already meeting its demise before it even launches!

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Announcement dates are pointless. I don't have any faith in any of them till I see and read an announcement. These delays are probably because all these phones are made in China/Tawain and I arrest my case.
I already have my phone Venue Pro that hopefully will have for a while and I am happy with it so far.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
At this point I really don't care when it is released (within reason) I just want Nokia to announce the date or I'll end up moving on before I even know when the 900 is coming out.

Is it just me or does anyone like ACE better than Lumia 900? The Nokia Ace...I dunno.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
At this point I really don't care when it is released (within reason) I just want Nokia to announce the date or I'll end up moving on before I even know when the 900 is coming out.

Is it just me or does anyone like ACE better than Lumia 900? The Nokia Ace...I dunno.

I feel the same way, I've thought about grabbing the Titan for a penny a couple times.

willyvaca

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I went to a Microsoft store today here in Tyson's Corner, Virginia and I spoke with a rep guy and he told me that a Nokia rep was there last week. He was told it will be release late April and that Microsoft storeRs will e holding an event. just wanted to share some info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss