03-23-2012 06:04 PM
83 1234
tools
    Folks on twitter are claiming AT&T has advertising materials and some demo units now.

yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/hsmu7gaj Shared by gibbyhome
    This is kinda cool though. Looks legit. Must be coming soon, hurry up AT&T!
    03-22-2012 04:18 PM
    Yes, of all the pictures you can take and all the time he had between posting the thread and posting the pic, he does a rear view mirror pick while in his car? Are you serious? Questionable, if anything could be an 800..
    Dude isn't too bright. But, it is definitely not the 800 - the flash module on the 800 is inline with the camera module (directly above it when held upright). The 900 places the flash right BESIDE the camera module (above it if you hold it in landscape). The Nokia N9 also placed the flash to the left of the lens BUT the back etching on the N9 was "NOKIA" not "Carl Zeiss"

N9:

800:
    03-22-2012 04:25 PM
    Well it surely says "Carl Zeiss" which means it's a Lumia 900 which means the 900 takes TERRIBLE low light pictures...dam...
    03-22-2012 04:28 PM
    The WMPowerUser story hit the twitter a bit ago that these are in stores, so I ran over to the Pacific Place AT&T store in downtown Seattle. I got to hold the Manager's 900, he pulled it out when I asked another employee. They said they can sell them on 4/6, so I guess I'll check again then. He wouldn't let me take a picture of it with my iphone.

I know it's not any more substantial than the other rumors - but I can tell you that finally holding it in my hand made all the worry of the last few months go away. It felt like a great phone.
    03-22-2012 04:30 PM
    I believe you thepickupbear. And I'm glad to hear that. So now we have 3 reports that AT&T are giving all of their employees 900's to use...good to work at AT&T right now. How's the screen look? Size?

4/6 is not bad at all.
    03-22-2012 04:33 PM
    Well it surely says "Carl Zeiss" which means it's a Lumia 900 which means the 900 takes TERRIBLE low light pictures...dam...
    Flash didn't fire, so that would be why ... also if you read the guy's post ... he/she almost seems ... out of it.
    03-22-2012 04:34 PM
    Flash didn't fire, so that would be why ... also if you read the guy's post ... he/she almost seems ... out of it.
    That's very true, all phone cameras are terrible w/o flash in low light. No kidding the person's a dud. Makes you wonder who is selling products to consumers, yikes.
    03-22-2012 04:37 PM
    That's very true, all phone cameras are terrible w/o flash in low light. No kidding the person's a dud. Makes you wonder who is selling products to consumers, yikes.
    My luck Not SoTechy will be the AT&T rep I run into to inquire about the Lumia 900 ...
    03-22-2012 04:38 PM
    I guess I will be getting my 900 after all. I'll Be at the store on the 9th early mornign to retur the focus s and get two black Lumias :D:D
    03-22-2012 04:38 PM
    I believe you thepickupbear. And I'm glad to hear that. So now we have 3 reports that AT&T are giving all of their employees 900's to use...good to work at AT&T right now. How's the screen look? Size?

4/6 is not bad at all.

The thing I was shocked the most about - none of it feels huge. I've held the 800, and it's felt small - but the 900 was just right, phone size and screen size. I really only played with his home screen - so I couldn't tell too much of a difference over like a Titan's screen - but it was bright and beautiful.
    03-22-2012 04:39 PM
    Okay great! That's really nice to hear, one of the major things I was worried about what the size of the device. Nice to hear that.

Hey, maybe they'll start handing out some reviewers devices soon?!
    03-22-2012 04:53 PM
    My luck Not SoTechy will be the AT&T rep I run into to inquire about the Lumia 900 ...
    Good thing you know better. Come to think of it, the salesperson at my local AT&T is completely incompetent as well.
    03-22-2012 04:55 PM
    I found this comment over at WMPowerUser.com
    If you listened to Windows Weekly with Paul Thurrott today (03/22) he mentioned that a reliable source to him said that AT&T is going to make an announcement next Monday. They will announce the launch date is April 8th with a 99$ price w Plan.

I am listening to WW now over at twit.tv to get some details
    03-22-2012 05:10 PM
    *abnormally high pitched scream*
    too bad I got back to school on Monday from break....oh well, something to look forward too!
    03-22-2012 05:12 PM
    I hope the Microsoft Stores will weigh in on Monday too - I gave them money for a pre-order, but I'll honestly go to wherever can get it to me first. I really liked the staff at the Microsoft Store, so I'm hoping I don't have to go in just to ask for a refund on my pre-order.
    03-22-2012 05:22 PM
    I just left my local AT&T store looking for a case for my iPad 3. The manager who knows I am a Windows phone user, told me to hold on and went to the back. He returned with a black phone that had a cover on it. He handed it to me and to my surprise, it was a Lumia 900. The phoe is beautiful. He said that all of the staff will be receiving them and that it will be coming out on 4/8. He confirmed there will be a massive advertisement campaign for it beginning soon.

I have a Titan and to my surprise, tha phone was not as large as I was expecting after reading some of the posts. I CAN'T WAIT!
    03-22-2012 06:43 PM
    Ohhhh the good news just keeps coming. That is really reassuring. Cover? like the one's that come with the 800?
    I'm glad to hear it isn't that big, how was the screen? Get to play around with it?
    03-22-2012 06:52 PM
    I'm sorry, when it mentioned cover, it had a cover to hide the phone. It wasn't attached. The screen was beautiful. Very responsive. Unlike the Focus, it has a solid feel.
    03-22-2012 10:07 PM
    I'm really hoping the 900 comes with a case like the 800 does. I'm also hoping it doesn't have a generic AT&T box.
    03-22-2012 10:25 PM
    I'm really hoping the 900 comes with a case like the 800 does. I'm also hoping it doesn't have a generic AT&T box.
    NeoGAF - View Single Post - Windows Phone 7 |OT|
    First picture shows generic AT&T boxing, sorry. Wish it was nicer too.
    The next four are taken from Lumia 900. Original poster says no case included.
    03-22-2012 10:59 PM
    Paul Thurrott confirmed (via his reliable source) on Windows Weekly, which aired yesterday (Thursday 22 March) that:

1) AT&T will make the formal announcement on Monday 26 March 2012 about the Lumia 900 (no word on Titan II).
    2) The device will be available Sunday 8 April 2012 (online, although Paul didn't confirm, we can safely assume)
    3) The Lumia 900 will indeed cost $99 (subsidized), which cause Leo Laporte to go crazy over the price he paid for the Note ($299 subsidized) and says this is a big move for Windows Phone.

If you want to listen to that segment, go to this link and skip forward to the 48:45 mark and they talk about the Lumia 900 for about 2 minutes.
    Last edited by kenosando; 03-23-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    03-23-2012 11:16 AM
    I was just in my AT&T store (Short Pump VA) and my buddy Zee and his manager both have Lumia 900s (matte black). I got to play with it for a good 5-10 minutes. A bit disappointed my 'iPhone headset' didn't work with it (Klipse Image One - thought Nokia implemented AHJ - WTF). Very smooth - very heavy for what it is (but beautiful body). Good to finally see one in person. He didn't have a word on a date, but really - Easter? Why not release them next weekend? I'll never understand AT&T.
    03-23-2012 11:44 AM
    I can't believe anything until I hear it from AT&T or Nokia, but all signs are pointing to April 8th.
    03-23-2012 11:52 AM
    A bit disappointed my 'iPhone headset' didn't work with it (Klipse Image One - thought Nokia implemented AHJ - WTF).
    I have a Nokia headset, and none of the functions beyond headphones work on a non-Windows Phone. Sadly I forgot it before I ran over to the AT&T store - so I didn't get to try my Nokia earphones with the 900.
    03-23-2012 12:23 PM
    I have a Nokia headset, and none of the functions beyond headphones work on a non-Windows Phone. Sadly I forgot it before I ran over to the AT&T store - so I didn't get to try my Nokia earphones with the 900.
    Well, a Nokia headset (save the new Purity HD and other 'lumia compatible' accessories) may not work:
    Support: Audio issue when using headset: Nokia Lumia 710
    03-23-2012 12:29 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD