Lumia 900 coming April 9 for real this time

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I live in Kansas so no worries about being low on supply ;].
I'm getting a Lumia 900 on release day (9th) at BestBuy for 50$, I think I will get the black one. I love how the dark screen blends in with the physical device.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm definitely getting one. Can't wait to switch from Sprint and feel that 4G/LTE speed :D but I still haven't decided on a color. I like the idea of the screen blending with the polycarbonate unibody but I also like the idea of being different with the cyan. The only thing about cyan is how will the tile colors "mesh" with the body color? Decisions decisions decisions...but I will say, if the white one was available at launch, there would be no question. But there's no way in **** I'm waiting another month..or two...or three for the white to come out.

SouthpawJosh

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I do like the sleekness of the black, but definitely going cyan as well. In my circle of family and friends, I will be the only one with a WP and out of the iFamily, so it'll stand out. April 9 can't get here fast enough.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I know I'm definitely getting one. Can't wait to switch from Sprint and feel that 4G/LTE speed :D but I still haven't decided on a color. I like the idea of the screen blending with the polycarbonate unibody but I also like the idea of being different with the cyan. The only thing about cyan is how will the tile colors "mesh" with the body color? Decisions decisions decisions...but I will say, if the white one was available at launch, there would be no question. But there's no way in **** I'm waiting another month..or two...or three for the white to come out.

I know the red 800 that I played around with looks really nice with the black on red, so im guessing the blue 900 would be the same.

my picture

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered two cyan and three black, when I hold them in my hands it'll be an easier decision. Does anyone know if the pre-orders are available on the same day as launch or earlier? I keep expecting an email or something with instructions.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Chat from MS Store:

You: Yes.. do you have a preorder page for the lumia 900 ?

Phil: I'd be happy to help you with that today!

Phil: Unfortunately, we do not have a preorder page for the Lumia 900.

You: bummer.

Phil: I apologize for that.

You: I dont have a store near me... I assume the MS stores will have them at the same time AT&T gets them ?

Phil: Yes, that is a safe assumption.

You: Cool.. will wait and watch then...

gskimmel

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Just had the Lumia 900 in my hand

There is an AT&T store in my office building. I just took a little trip there and the sales guy I spoke with pulled out his phone and handed it to me. He had the black one and said the blue was a cobalt type of blue. The phone felt pretty solid. I was expecting the cheapish feel of a Samsung phone but it feels nicely made. No official word when it will be released but I am now looking forward to this.

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have pre-ordered my black one. but just in case I change my mind, i hope I should be able to change mine to Cyan - I hope.
It looks like most of the people are leaning towards cyan. So among Lumia owners, I guess I will be unique? lol.
Two reasons why i would still choose black -
1) black is more professional (I'm a business consultant. so cyan might look "baby blue" in my hand in business meetings
2) Over a period of time, I'm afraid bl;ue might look dirty with constant holding because of dirt, sweat from palm etc. So I can't imagine how it would look say after 8-9 months or a year.

Edit: the second point wouldn't be much of a concern had the lumia sported metal body. Since its polycorbonate with matte finish, it might have the rubbery effect to its body. Am I being too picky here? or is it a valid concern?

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered two cyan and three black, when I hold them in my hands it'll be an easier decision. Does anyone know if the pre-orders are available on the same day as launch or earlier? I keep expecting an email or something with instructions.

Yeah it's been a little disappointing to not get *any* communication from the Microsoft Stores - but then we haven't heard anything from anyone really so it isn't a surprise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire