? at&t CS Rep please help

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This is a question I have for any of you at&t reps out there. I want this device I will get it on my line one way or the other. My wife is still on Sprint we have 5 lines of service 2 are on at&t the other 3 are still with Sprint. We are moving everyone to at&t as the contracts run out. My wife will be the next to move over I would like to use her move from Sprint to help me subsidies the purchase of the Lumia 900 but I want to activate the phone on my number. She will use my Samsung Focus S. I know the 2 devices require different data plans.

Here is my question can I walk in on launch day and walk out with the 900 on my line and the Focus S on her line still paying $99 for the 900 and have all the correct data plans in place?

tjwheels

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
First, I am not an AT&T rep however I just recently did the same thing with my wifes upgrade (I purchased the Titan and passed on my Focus to her). In the switch my daughter took my wifes iPhone 3g giving up her Galaxy S. The salesman made all the changes on the computer and made sure each phone ESN was tagged to the right phone number. You might want to make sure you have both phones with you, I had to bring my wifes phone back in. Also when I got my next bill to my surprise they had charged me $18 for each line they switched calling it an activation. I was able to call AT&T and get all but the Titan fee credited. Hope this helps.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It's all about the sim cards. It's not like Sprint.

But yes, you tell the rep what you want to happen and they'll do it for you.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
This thread really doesn't really pertain to me now but might soon, but life is good, as is my mood, and I really enjoy the helpful, non-negative atmosphere in the forums. Great community and all thanks applied. Appreciate the info.