02-13-2013 11:02 PM
251 ... 891011
tools
    New member, AT&T Rep also here with a Lumia 900. Hit me up if you have any questions as well. One issue I'm having just to let you guys know is the phone dying by itself after being asleep for more than 2 minutes. Can't pinpoint what the cause is yet though.
    Whaaaaaa. Turning off completely?
    03-30-2012 06:48 PM
    New member, AT&T Rep also here with a Lumia 900. Hit me up if you have any questions as well. One issue I'm having just to let you guys know is the phone dying by itself after being asleep for more than 2 minutes. Can't pinpoint what the cause is yet though.
    How long have you been using the 900?...does it specify anywhere on the device where it was assembled?
    03-30-2012 07:25 PM
    Can anyone verify if the magenta color will be available on the 22nd? I've seen conflicting information.
    03-30-2012 08:54 PM
    Can anyone verify if the magenta color will be available on the 22nd? I've seen conflicting information.
    I heard many colors are coming after the white

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-30-2012 08:59 PM
    There's a rumor that magenta will be made available around Mother's Day
    03-30-2012 09:04 PM
    To the AT&T (and any other) phone rep, don't forget the Retail Insider app. I've gone into stores with each new wave of devices for the last year and a half or so, and I find it odd so many reps don't know about this app.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...?wa=wsignin1.0

It's worth the download and review if you sell (or want to learn more about) the phone and platform, in my opinion. After seeing so many rep posts here lately, I decided to sign up and post (long time lurker, of course).
    AndreaCristiano likes this.
    03-30-2012 10:38 PM
    I got a question for the reps, before it ordered it, there was a page asking for my SS to see if I needed to make a security deposit, I got my confirmation email for the order afterwards and a order number so does that mean I was approved without an deposit?
    03-30-2012 11:43 PM
    iPhones, Windows Phones, and LTE devices are non-grata on GoPhone plans. Reps CANNOT activate any iPhone, any Windows Phone, or any LTE device (WP or Android) on GoPhone. I tried with a Focus S and it was stopped at the point of sale.
    Then why are the Samsung Focus (original) and Samsung Captivate being sold as GoPhones?

Cell Phones & Mobile Devices - from AT&T
    03-31-2012 02:35 AM
    Can those of you that have been using the 900 for a few days go to battery saver after a full charge (unplug it) and tell us what it estimates your remaining time to be? I know this will be different based on differing usage, this is more a curiosity.
    03-31-2012 02:37 AM
    Can those of you that have been using the 900 for a few days go to battery saver after a full charge (unplug it) and tell us what it estimates your remaining time to be? I know this will be different based on differing usage, this is more a curiosity.
    1 day, 3 hours.
    03-31-2012 07:05 AM
    One more question-- if I preorder the cyan today when does my 30 day trial start? Does it start today or when I activate the phone? I'm just wondering if the magenta does come out around mother's day if I will be over my 30 day return period.
    03-31-2012 09:16 AM
    I too have a Lumia 900. Any questions or picture requests, let me know as well. I'll be hanging around trying to answer anything I can legally answer (I love my job and won't jeopardize it with releasing information that is not already public knowledge released by AT&T).

As far as battery, I cannot answer for LTE usage as i'm not in an LTE area... but I CAN tell you that my battery is lasting quite long for me. It's comparable to the Galaxy Note battery. Throughout a day, I spend about 1-2 hours on calls... I text throughout the day, Facebook, have weather updates, use engadget quite a bit, few youtube videos. I also have my screen brightness at full, and so far i've been able to go from 6am till roughly 10pm with 25-45% battery left.
    thank you :)
    but is really no one of you using your phone as a music player?
    its a very important to me that music sounds perfect on a device i would carry with me throughout the whole day.
    03-31-2012 12:03 PM
    thank you :)
    but is really no one of you using your phone as a music player?
    its a very important to me that music sounds perfect on a device i would carry with me throughout the whole day.
    Sorry I almost rarely use the music function

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-31-2012 12:13 PM
    How long does it take to fully charge the phone from 0% or 20%? Does the Lumia 900 get hot or warm at all with heavy usage?

Thank you~
    03-31-2012 12:13 PM
    iPhones, Windows Phones, and LTE devices are non-grata on GoPhone plans. Reps CANNOT activate any iPhone, any Windows Phone, or any LTE device (WP or Android) on GoPhone. I tried with a Focus S and it was stopped at the point of sale.
    The workaround is for the customer to bring in a simple phone, like the $14 ZTE F160, and activate prepaid service on that.

Everyone should have a backup phone :D
    Then why are the Samsung Focus (original) and Samsung Captivate being sold as GoPhones?

You're correct. I think the distinction is that ATT doesn't officially support the iPhone or 4G/LTE phones on GoPhone.

They definitely work, though :) Only at 3G speeds :(
    03-31-2012 02:06 PM
    I got a question for the reps, before it ordered it, there was a page asking for my SS to see if I needed to make a security deposit, I got my confirmation email for the order afterwards and a order number so does that mean I was approved without an deposit?
    Should I make a new thread?
    03-31-2012 02:56 PM
    Once you get it, you will need to complete the activation over the phone. Don't think it is a hard process, but some people will likley run into trouble if they are coming from a non-LTE device. One rep somewhere on the boards recommended just coming to the store the day of to get the activation together, but I am pretty certain it is not too big of a pain.
    When you pre-order, the change to the LTE data plan is made at that time. When you get the device, you either call 866-895-1099 or go to www.att.com/activations to activate. The Micro-SIM will already be loaded as "parked equipment", and when you accept terms and conditions, the equipment will automatically "unpark" and activate. You should not have to call in to do a SIM change after accepting terms via the IVR or website above.
    03-31-2012 06:24 PM

I said reps in store....Captivate is not an LTE device, and Focus as GoPhone is online only.
    03-31-2012 06:28 PM
    Now that everybody has ordered their devices and are patiently waiting for it. I feel like my job with this thread is done. :D
    04-03-2012 10:46 PM
    I can't wait to get mine. Does anyone know if there's an AT&T map which shows LTE? The one on their site just shows 4G and doesn't differentiate between LTE & HSPA+.
    04-04-2012 01:31 PM
    I can't wait to get mine. Does anyone know if there's an AT&T map which shows LTE? The one on their site just shows 4G and doesn't differentiate between LTE & HSPA+.
    the 4G map shows LTE its the gold bursts atop the hspa+ dark blue
    04-04-2012 01:48 PM
    the 4G map shows LTE its the gold bursts atop the hspa+ dark blue
    I had to really look for that map...I assumed that it would be with the coverage map...too bad I don't get LTE where I live.
    04-04-2012 07:05 PM
    With the release of the lumia around the corner, if u will be in the Eastpoint, Maryland location come see me Richard Reid for your hook up. Location eastpoint mall At&t cor store off of I695 and I95.
    04-08-2012 08:35 PM
    With the release of the lumia around the corner, if u will be in the Eastpoint, Maryland location come see me Richard Reid for your hook up. Location eastpoint mall At&t cor store off of I695 and I95.
    As in Reid Richard?
    04-09-2012 12:44 AM
    As in Reid Richard?
    ugh not the super hero but hey thanks for playing ;-)
    04-09-2012 09:56 AM
251 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD