02-14-2013 12:02 AM
251 ... 45678 ...
tools
    In CA you pay the tax on the full price of the phone upfront. So youd pay $99 plus tax on the full price of the phone which is $549. Your total out the door price would be about $200 bucks (not a math major.)

In other states you pay the phones sales tax on your monthly bill.
    You will end up paying taxes off the RETAIL PRICE of the phone. In this case, $449.99. The phone will come out to about $135 with taxes.
    03-27-2012 06:21 PM
    Can a phone purchased outright be swapped within 30 days? And/or is that swap possible with an active GoPhone account or with postpaid only?

Totally worth the $35 to use a 900 for a month then get a brand new phone :P
    03-27-2012 07:03 PM
    question for other at&t employees out there...have you been able to get visual voicemail? When I first booted the phone up i got a message about my voicemail not being set up. I didnt know this phone had visual voicemail. how can i set this up? is it something on the COU website?

Also I'm having issues billing apps to the cou account. I get an error when I click buy. I had no problems before I jumped into the Lumia. Have you guys had this issue? If so how can I fix it? I attached a photo so you could see it. Thanks
    03-27-2012 07:53 PM
    I wasn't able to get details on what accessories we will be getting but I will update as soon as I find out.

I have no idea what Apollo is so not sure, haha.

And yes we will be open on Sunday, April 8th.
    Apollo you know WP8
    03-27-2012 07:56 PM
    Anybody know about the wifi hotspot work around on the 900 or any wp7 device? I got to know before I will even consider a move to any new platform.
    03-27-2012 07:58 PM
    Sales Tax will vary from state to state. As mentioned, in CA, you will pay taxes on the retail price. So 8.75% on the retail price of 449.99 in my area in CA.

If i wanted to get the phone in Greenville South Carolina, I would pay taxes 6% (i think) on the discounted price of $99.

Imagine if the phone was $0, no tax in Greenville.
    03-27-2012 08:08 PM
    To the AT&T Reps,

The No Commitment Priced Lumia 900, does it mean it's unlocked?
    03-27-2012 08:54 PM
    To the AT&T Reps,

The No Commitment Priced Lumia 900, does it mean it's unlocked?
    Im not a rep, but non contract Lumia 900 are NOT unlocked.
    03-27-2012 09:29 PM
    question for other at&t employees out there...have you been able to get visual voicemail? When I first booted the phone up i got a message about my voicemail not being set up. I didnt know this phone had visual voicemail. how can i set this up? is it something on the COU website?

Also I'm having issues billing apps to the cou account. I get an error when I click buy. I had no problems before I jumped into the Lumia. Have you guys had this issue? If so how can I fix it? I attached a photo so you could see it. Thanks
    Did u make sure to switch out ur cou device on the cou site. Check ur features and make sure your remove purchase blocker is still active. Did you hook the lumia up to your PC and have Zune updated and installed. I download and bought soinc 4 episode I today on my cou account no problems.

About vv I did remember reading something about it. I paid it no mind tho. I'll look into it a little later. Hope I helped.
    03-27-2012 09:35 PM
    Im not a rep, but non contract Lumia 900 are NOT unlocked.
    Thanks for the response. That's unfortunate.
    03-27-2012 09:39 PM
    Did u make sure to switch out ur cou device on the cou site. Check ur features and make sure your remove purchase blocker is still active. Did you hook the lumia up to your PC and have Zune updated and installed. I download and bought soinc 4 episode I today on my cou account no problems.

About vv I did remember reading something about it. I paid it no mind tho. I'll look into it a little later. Hope I helped.
    Yea I had to swap my sim, since I needed a micro, and imei on the cou site. The Zune part was a little confusing to me. I have a mac so I used my wifes old PC laptop to install Zuneand all seemed to go well. My Lumia is listed under my devices along with the original Focus I used for about a week last February. The purchase block was off when I had my Galaxy S II, Vivid, and the Note so that shouldnt have changed. I'm off til Fri but I will have someone log in for me to check tomorrow. If you can think of anything else please let me know. There are several apps I want to buy! Thanks
    Last edited by mhopii; 03-27-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    03-27-2012 10:13 PM
    AT&T reps,

I was told in my AT&T store you all no longer offer 1 year contracts? Is this right? There were articles written a year ago about them existing.

I would like to get the Lumia 900 for just a year! 2 years just seems so long in the smartphone world.

Why is AT&T raising the no-contract and one-year contract pricing of phones? | PhoneDog
    Last edited by er3_unc; 03-27-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: typo
    03-27-2012 10:35 PM
    AT&T reps,

I was told in my AT&T store you all no longer offer 1 year contracts? Is this right? There were articles written a year ago about them existing.

I would like to get the Lumia 900 for just a year! 2 years just seems so long in the smartphone world.

Why is AT&T raising the no-contract and one-year contract pricing of phones? | PhoneDog
    To my knowledge we can do a 1 yr contract on a new activation just not an upgrade. That would make the cost of the phone $250 more for a total of $350. We rarely get this request so I could be off a lil bit. I just know it gives us the option in the system I just never use it. Maybe someone else here has more accurate info?
    03-27-2012 11:31 PM
    thanks for sharing Nice information.
    03-28-2012 02:09 AM
    The official release date is April 8th and pre order will start on the 30 of March to be deliver on the 6th of April
    03-28-2012 09:33 AM
    Thanks for the response. That's unfortunate.
    Just wait until the worldwide edition launches if you want it unlocked. It will be without LTE radios, and it may even be a bit more expensive. Although I am sure there will be an unlock method to surface soon.
    03-28-2012 10:08 AM
    The official release date is April 8th and pre order will start on the 30 of March to be deliver on the 6th of April
    Ooooh, thanks! Even more incentive to pre-order. Do you know if the pre-orders are shipped out only, or can you pick them up in-store on the 8th?
    03-28-2012 10:09 AM
    Ooooh, thanks! Even more incentive to pre-order. Do you know if the pre-orders are shipped out only, or can you pick them up in-store on the 8th?
    In addition, how much do you have to put down for the pre-order, or is it the full amount?
    03-28-2012 10:29 AM
    To my knowledge we can do a 1 yr contract on a new activation just not an upgrade. That would make the cost of the phone $250 more for a total of $350. We rarely get this request so I could be off a lil bit. I just know it gives us the option in the system I just never use it. Maybe someone else here has more accurate info?
    Not completely true. on my account, which was once tied to a business account, but not anymore, i can still see a 1 year upgrade option. You know whats sweeter than that? The price of the device (any device) for 1 year is the same as that for a two year contract. That option is not available for me in store, only online.

When you go online, there is an option to see if are eligible for business discount, based on your company affiliation etc. If so, enter your business email address and you are all set. Thats all i had to do, and granted, this was over 5 years ago. When i login today, it still tells me my account is affiliated with XYZ company. Give it a try.
    03-28-2012 11:01 AM
    In addition, how much do you have to put down for the pre-order, or is it the full amount?
    what ever you are to pay on the day of sale is what you will have to pay to pre order it. So it depends on your upgrade or new line of service.
    03-28-2012 11:05 AM
    Nokia Rep stated that white was coming later. Didn't specify if later as in along with the others or after launch date later.
    I've hear April 22 on white
    03-28-2012 12:24 PM
    AT&T Reps with the Lumia 900s, are you able to switch off LTE? Possibly in the cellular data settings? I don't think my city still has LTE, so I don't want it to be a huge battery killer for me.
    03-28-2012 01:14 PM
    AT&T Reps with the Lumia 900s, are you able to switch off LTE? Possibly in the cellular data settings? I don't think my city still has LTE, so I don't want it to be a huge battery killer for me.
    Not an option currently. Just the switch for cellular data. I haven't found battery life to be an issue thus far. I've only had it since Monday though.
    03-28-2012 01:20 PM
    I've hear April 22 on white
    It looks like some AT&T stores have already got white models. The store I went to yesterday didnt have it and they said they didnt order the white one, but others in the city have got white. I should have asked which ones, but my bad, i didnt.

So those who go to store to check it out, rememebr to ask if they have a white one on hand.
    03-28-2012 02:35 PM
    Just wait until the worldwide edition launches if you want it unlocked. It will be without LTE radios, and it may even be a bit more expensive. Although I am sure there will be an unlock method to surface soon.
    It wont have ATT frequencies so the best you'll get is probably EDGE speeds for voice and data. A better choice would be Rogers in Canada which has the same frequewncies as ATT
    03-28-2012 03:05 PM
251 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD