02-14-2013 12:02 AM
251 ... 678910 ...
tools
    just order the phone on her line.. when you receive it, call 611 or the toll-free CS number and punch in her number, it'll recognize that a new phone has been shipped and it will give you the option to activate on al alternate phone number.
    Thank you. If that's the case, that will save me a trip.
    R u getting one urself?
    03-29-2012 04:47 PM
    I spoke to AT&T rep online.

1. You can pre-order online and in-store
    2. You cannot pick up your item in-store. It will be shipped and delivered to you on April 6th if you pre-order by 3 PM Central on April 5th.
    Thanks kenosando for the clarification =)
    03-29-2012 04:51 PM
    So I'm reading different things here about the preorder and get it on the 6th thing.

If I go to a COR store and preorder will it be shipped to my house or will I pick it up at the store? If it is an in-store pickup, will I get it on the 6th?

If it's mailed (ordered online or in store), will they ship it on the 6th or will I get it on the 6th?
    03-29-2012 05:47 PM
    So I'm reading different things here about the preorder and get it on the 6th thing.

If I go to a COR store and preorder will it be shipped to my house or will I pick it up at the store? If it is an in-store pickup, will I get it on the 6th?

If it's mailed (ordered online or in store), will they ship it on the 6th or will I get it on the 6th?
    I was told you cannot pick it up in-store. Pre-orders will be shipped, and you should get it on the 6th.
    03-29-2012 05:53 PM
    I asked this in another thread, but didn't really get an answer other than ask AT&T. So maybe one of you guys can help. I want to pre-order the 900 online, but I am a new activation and I want to start a family plan. Can I pre-order the 900 and order my wife's phone at the same time? And how difficult is it to port a number over the phone?
    You should be able to do all of this but that seems like alot to try and do online. You might want to preorder in store and have the rep port the number etc. Just my .02
    03-29-2012 06:31 PM
    Does the Lumia 900 phone work with GoPhone plans if you buy off contract??
    03-29-2012 07:06 PM
    It should work with GoPhone plans..... Can any reps confirm this?
    03-29-2012 07:22 PM
    I just came back from AT&T store.... the rep told me that you can pre-order only the black color tomorrow, not the Cyan one.

Also, if anyone is planning to exchange the phone(black to white), it will be $35.

Starting 22nd, the stores will carry more crayon colors, not just white
    03-29-2012 07:26 PM
    I just came back from AT&T store.... the rep told me that you can pre-order only the black color tomorrow, not the Cyan one.

Also, if anyone is planning to exchange the phone(black to white), it will be $35.

that doesnt make any sense why would only black be available he is incorrect
    03-29-2012 07:39 PM
    yea any phone technically works on GoPhone plans. It depends on what services you want

This is entirely false. Black and cyan will be available on the 4/8. You might not have went to a COR store. If the store says att authorized retailer or something to that affect then it is a franchise. I would call the store and ask to make sure if it is a cor store or not
    03-29-2012 08:05 PM
    yea any phone technically works on GoPhone plans. It depends on what services you want

This is entirely false. Black and cyan will be available on the 4/8. You might not have went to a COR store. If the store says att authorized retailer or something to that affect then it is a franchise. I would call the store and ask to make sure if it is a cor store or not
    Glad to hear you can get the cyan... That's what the wife wants. I'm planning on pre-ordering tomorrow.

Also, I heard rumors that the 900 has Gorilla Glass... can anyone verify?
    03-29-2012 08:28 PM
    Glad to hear you can get the cyan... That's what the wife wants. I'm planning on pre-ordering tomorrow.

Also, I heard rumors that the 900 has Gorilla Glass... can anyone verify?
    its not a rumor its true. its gorilla glass 2
    03-29-2012 08:35 PM
    It will have AT&T 3G bands.
    From the Nokia UK site:
    Operating band
    GSM 850
    GSM 900
    GSM 1800
    GSM 1900
    WCDMA Band V (850)
    WCDMA Band VIII (900)
    WCDMA Band II (1900)
    WCDMA Band I (2100)
    Is there only one international version?
    03-29-2012 09:15 PM
    Do you have to use a NEW micro-sim with the Lumia 900?

I already have an iPhone 4 with a micro-sim. Can I use this micro-sim in the Lumia 900 or do I need a new one to have LTE and everything work properly?

Thanks!
    03-29-2012 10:23 PM
    Do you have to use a NEW micro-sim with the Lumia 900?

I already have an iPhone 4 with a micro-sim. Can I use this micro-sim in the Lumia 900 or do I need a new one to have LTE and everything work properly?

Thanks!
    it comes with a micro sim in the box. It depends on if you have an LTE sim or not (the 9th and 10th number of the sim card number on an LTE sim is 25). But it doesnt really matter since the iphone doesnt save anything to the sim anyways
    Curtieson and eidorian22 like this.
    03-29-2012 10:38 PM

Both black and cyan are available starting 4/8. What I was told was that only black can be pre-ordered. Maybe the rep doesnt know.
    03-29-2012 11:08 PM
    Is there only one international version?
    As far as I have seen, yes. Carriers abroad will use the international version, which just includes quadband radios for nearly worldwide coverage (no 1700 band). The Lumia 800 also only has one international version, and one North American version.
    03-29-2012 11:16 PM
    I've been using WP devices as my COU device since the platform launched (HTC Surround, Samsung Focus S). You get a phone, SIM tray removal tool, and charger in the box ( I got a black phone) with the Lumia. The only glitch is that MS thinks I've hit my 5 device limit, where I haven't. I can't install apps until I plug the phone into Zune on my PC to authenticate. So fail.
    Not sure if anyone has commented on this or not, but if you go into Zune settings, you can delete old devices from the software to bring you back down below the 5 device cap.
    03-30-2012 12:45 AM
    its not a rumor its true. its gorilla glass 2
    It has indeed Corning Gorilla Glass, but are you sure it is the second generation (as introduced in CES 2012) ???

Nokia doesn't specify this. Nokia Lumia 900 Specifications - Nokia - USA
    03-30-2012 01:01 AM
    It should work with GoPhone plans..... Can any reps confirm this?
    iPhones, Windows Phones, and LTE devices are non-grata on GoPhone plans. Reps CANNOT activate any iPhone, any Windows Phone, or any LTE device (WP or Android) on GoPhone. I tried with a Focus S and it was stopped at the point of sale.
    03-30-2012 01:17 AM
    Not sure if anyone has commented on this or not, but if you go into Zune settings, you can delete old devices from the software to bring you back down below the 5 device cap.
    That's exactly what I had to do, but I didn't know that there was two sections for devices - one for Zune and one for Apps. My Zune devices was clean, but my Apps device list was full.

I understand that this is because of the old Zune player, but really guys.....
    03-30-2012 01:19 AM
    it comes with a micro sim in the box. It depends on if you have an LTE sim or not (the 9th and 10th number of the sim card number on an LTE sim is 25). But it doesnt really matter since the iphone doesnt save anything to the sim anyways
    SIMs that are preloaded with iPhones may not be LTE compatible. Unless you get the IMEI converted to the LTE device (so the correct LTE data plan with VV will go on the account) and change to a LTE SIM, data just will not work. Tried it.
    eidorian22 likes this.
    03-30-2012 01:22 AM

This is the standard 30-day restock fee. If you exchange a phone within 30 days, AT&T automatically charges 35 dollars to return the device.
    03-30-2012 01:24 AM
    hey guys i got a few questions:
    firstly i'd like to know about the overall soundquality(music playback etc) and with earphones/headphones. perhaps you could try several as there were many complaints from lumia 800 users about some that were not from nokia such as sennheiser etc.

and again can you tell us more about the battery life? since the lumia 800 got their update recently which apparently brings outstanding battery life. does it last a day or perhaps even longer on lte with normal usage (calls, whatsapp, normal surfing, app download and 2-3 youtube videos, perhaps even a few games?)

thanks ;)
    03-30-2012 05:39 AM
    hey guys i got a few questions:
    firstly i'd like to know about the overall soundquality(music playback etc) and with earphones/headphones. perhaps you could try several as there were many complaints from lumia 800 users about some that were not from nokia such as sennheiser etc.

and again can you tell us more about the battery life? since the lumia 800 got their update recently which apparently brings outstanding battery life. does it last a day or perhaps even longer on lte with normal usage (calls, whatsapp, normal surfing, app download and 2-3 youtube videos, perhaps even a few games?)

thanks ;)
    I too have a Lumia 900. Any questions or picture requests, let me know as well. I'll be hanging around trying to answer anything I can legally answer (I love my job and won't jeopardize it with releasing information that is not already public knowledge released by AT&T).

As far as battery, I cannot answer for LTE usage as i'm not in an LTE area... but I CAN tell you that my battery is lasting quite long for me. It's comparable to the Galaxy Note battery. Throughout a day, I spend about 1-2 hours on calls... I text throughout the day, Facebook, have weather updates, use engadget quite a bit, few youtube videos. I also have my screen brightness at full, and so far i've been able to go from 6am till roughly 10pm with 25-45% battery left.
    03-30-2012 09:53 AM
251 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD