Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T Rep)

iViz

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to this side of Mobile Nations since I use iOS daily and was using Android daily on my company issued phone. I am a rep for AT&T and I volunteered to try out this new Nokia 900, and I am very excited to use it.

I use iPhone 4s, was using Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket and now I'm using the Nokia Lumia 900. This isn't my first WP as I used the Samsung Focus.

I can answer questions I guess about the device and what not. I'm learning all the new features it has on 7.5.

Physically, I think the phone has a great feel to it. I have the cyan colored version and the unibody feels awesome. It has like a matte finish to it and it feels comfortable in the hand. I don't feel like I'm gonna drop it soon and break it like my Samsung or iPhone.

*UPDATED WITH PICTURES*

photo.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about not only the included case, but whether you have any knowledge about aftermarket cases that at&t might be stocking on launch day. I know that it's been very disappointing so far with regards to wp7 cases. Thanks in advance.

iViz

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't compare the display because I haven't tested it with games or videos just yet. Overall though putting it on high it looks very crisp and clean.

I just watched Kanye West & Jay-Z - Otis and it looks very clean in HQ, I'd say comparable to my Skyrocket.

The phone didn't come with a case and I asked the Nokia Rep that came to visit our store if we would offer any, and she stated that she doesn't think we will see cases because of the vibrant colors the phone comes in and they don't want to hide the colors.

Internet Sharing is available on the phone, I see the options in settings.

The phone will comes in Cyan, Black, White and Magenta. *Though Magenta won't be carried in AT&T Stores I guess because it represents T-Mobile colors, I laughed when the Nokia Rep told me that.*

iViz

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Rep stated that white was coming later. Didn't specify if later as in along with the others or after launch date later.

amorenod

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
The phone didn't come with a case and I asked the Nokia Rep that came to visit our store if we would offer any, and she stated that she doesn't think we will see cases because of the vibrant colors the phone comes in and they don't want to hide the colors.

Slightly dissapointing that, unlike the 800, there's no case included. However, it is listed as an accesory for the 900

Nokia Lumia 900 Accessories - Nokia - USA

balla2g2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I too am a at&t rep with the lumia. I had the captivate glide and the pre plus before this. I'm new to windows but it's very easy to learn it seems. I too can answer any question u guys have. My lumia is running on the lte network. And I have the all black one.

balla2g2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting this! Is there any way to turn off LTE to preserve batterly life?

from what I see ur best bet is to turn on ur WiFi or turn ur data off in the settings. The lumia has an outstanding battery. Takes for ever to completely charge it. I wouldn't be to worried about bat life with the LTE.

balla2g2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
to add I'm at 99% charge after about 1 hour off charge just downloading apps over WiFi now and the phone told me I have 1 day and 12 hours of bat life left

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
to add I'm at 99% charge after about 1 hour off charge just downloading apps over WiFi now and the phone told me I have 1 day and 12 hours of bat life left
Okay, thank you. I doubt I'll see LTE in my area anytime soon anyway. We don't even have HSPA+. On the plus side, with just 3G it sounds like the 900 will last days!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb