Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T Rep)

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Could somebody look/take a picture of the Lumia 900 box to see what bands it supports. Wondering if this thing has the AWS 1700 band for HSPA+. I get horrible ATT service but wonderful Tmobile service in my area. Thanks in advance :)

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Could somebody look/take a picture of the Lumia 900 box to see what bands it supports. Wondering if this thing has the AWS 1700 band for HSPA+. I get horrible ATT service but wonderful Tmobile service in my area. Thanks in advance :)

No. Official Nokia website states the specifications, and no 1700 MHz band. 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM 850/900/1900 WCDMA and LTE Bands 17 (700) and 4 (1700/2100). No AWS.

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
can I keep my unlimited data plan if I switch to this device from iPhone?

You should be able to. Infact, I'm counting on it. I'll be moving from iPhone to Lumia as well. There were talks on the verge or somewhere i cant remember that once you are grandfathered, you are locked in even for LTE.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
hi folks, i'm currently on a two-year contract with ATT and i believe i'm eligible for upgrade starting next month (perfect timing). what i'm curious is that besides the $100 phone price, will I be charged for other fees such as activation fee or sth else. this is my first upgrading so i'm not sure how it works.

You will be charged a $36 activation fee. If you do not have qualifying voice and data plans (you'll need a $39.99 voice plan or higher, and $20 data plan or higher). Other than that, you are good to go. You will have to pay extra for visual voicemail, although I think that is one thing I don't mind paying AT&T for. Goodbye, Google Voice.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to. Infact, I'm counting on it. I'll be moving from iPhone to Lumia as well. There were talks on the verge or somewhere i cant remember that once you are grandfathered, you are locked in even for LTE.

If you have unlimited, you will be throttled after you use 3GB of GSM/HSPA data (3G/4G) and 5GB (LTE). Essentially, you are paying $30 for 5GB of unthrottled LTE data, which is now a $50 package, which includes Internet sharing, but you are charged extra $10 for an extra 1 GB if you go over 5 GB (and another $10 for over 6 GB, etc.). If you want Internet sharing for your Lumia 900, you are unfortunately forced to switch over to the $50 plan.

wilco9

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
You will be charged a $36 activation fee. If you do not have qualifying voice and data plans (you'll need a $39.99 voice plan or higher, and $20 data plan or higher). Other than that, you are good to go. You will have to pay extra for visual voicemail, although I think that is one thing I don't mind paying AT&T for. Goodbye, Google Voice.

what is that $39.99 voice plan??? never heard of it. and $39.99?? so that's combined $59.99 per month?!! that's a lot! I'm on a 5-line family plan and the two lines that are using iphones don't have this thing, they only pay a $20 something data plan.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading that Visual Voicemail is not an additional cost. All the user will need is to tell the ATT rep to turn on Visual Voicemail which will be enabled for LTE users. As long you got an LTE dataplan, you can get VV at no additional cost. Hopefully somebody can confirm.

I know for certain that sometimes you need to turn on Visual Voicemail for the phone, ATT will do it at no extra cost. I dont see anything different for the 900..

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
If you have unlimited, you will be throttled after you use 3GB of GSM/HSPA data (3G/4G) and 5GB (LTE). Essentially, you are paying $30 for 5GB of unthrottled LTE data, which is now a $50 package, which includes Internet sharing, but you are charged extra $10 for an extra 1 GB if you go over 5 GB (and another $10 for over 6 GB, etc.). If you want Internet sharing for your Lumia 900, you are unfortunately forced to switch over to the $50 plan.

True. I forgot about that. it sucks, but its true.
with such data caps, tethering option is a joke.

wpnewbie

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
what is that $39.99 voice plan??? never heard of it. and $39.99?? so that's combined $59.99 per month?!! that's a lot! I'm on a 5-line family plan and the two lines that are using iphones don't have this thing, they only pay a $20 something data plan.
Thats for individual plan.. you dont have to worry ... whatever is your voice plan ... which you already have .. +20$ min for data plan

wpnewbie

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Im not a rep, but i dont think i've ever seen a phone being charged extra for a color.

So, white will likely be $99.

If you are within 30 days, you can exchange.
"The Limited Time Offer" in the press note worries me .. maybe in 2 weeks they will increase the price .. thats the concern ... so i would like to pick it up on Apr 8 and exchange it on Apr 22 (ie if i like glossy white)

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
"The Limited Time Offer" in the press note worries me .. maybe in 2 weeks they will increase the price .. thats the concern ... so i would like to pick it up on Apr 8 and exchange it on Apr 22 (ie if i like glossy white)

Good catch, can any of the reps clarify the "limited time offer" blurb? How long this going for?

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
How is the speed of the camera app? IE how long after press the shutter button is the pciture taken. I love my Focus S, but that is one aspect of it that is not so good. Seems like there is almost a 2 count between when you press the button (after you've already half-pressed to focus) and when the image is actually captured. Catching a moving toddler can be tricky...

Last edited:

iViz

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
How is the speed of the camera app? IE how long after press the shutter button is the pciture taken. I love my Focus S, but that is one aspect of it that is not so good. Seems like there is almost a 2 count between when you press the button (after you've already half-pressed to focus) and when the image is actually captured. Catching a moving toddler can be tricky...

Camera is super fast, even compared to my iPhone 4s. That I am jealous of, ahah.

I work in the city of Orange, really close to The Block in Orange off of Main St and Chapman Ave.

If you pre-order the phone before April 4th you can actually get the device on April 6th which is two days before official launch date in cor stores.

We will also be carrying accessories for this phone though it doesn't give detail on which specific accessories that we will have.

If it's the same as always, the White version will still be priced at $99 because they don't switch promotions within a months range. So don't worry about the price going up within 30 days.

prathyushms

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Do we have to pre-order the phone at stores or can we do it online too? Also, if we pre-order at store, will it be delivered or do we have to pick up at a store? I am thinking of doing it first thing this saturday!!

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi AT&T Reps! Thank you for the Lumia sneak peak! Just a question. My sister has a family plan with AT&T and I was thinking of sharing with her. What do I have to do to setup a new line with the family bundle she has and can I set this up and preorder a Lumia900 with it? Sorry I'm a newcomer to AT&T, switching from prepaid :D

Thanks!

iViz

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Do we have to pre-order the phone at stores or can we do it online too? Also, if we pre-order at store, will it be delivered or do we have to pick up at a store? I am thinking of doing it first thing this saturday!!

In order to recieve it on April 6th you need to pre-order at a COR Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos