Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T Rep)

iViz

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi AT&T Reps! Thank you for the Lumia sneak peak! Just a question. My sister has a family plan with AT&T and I was thinking of sharing with her. What do I have to do to setup a new line with the family bundle she has and can I set this up and preorder a Lumia900 with it? Sorry I'm a newcomer to AT&T, switching from prepaid :D

Thanks!

She needs to go to the store with you to add the new line and pre-order the phone for that specific line. Other than that very simple, choose the family plan (unless she already has one), then choose the data plan that you'd like. Oh, $36 activation fee.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone store that is by itself is corporate. If it's a handset you bought at Best Buy that included the contract it's not considered corporate. That store finder will tell you about the corporate stores.

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
How do I check for corporate stores? When I look under find a store on the website, there is no option for corporate store

if the store just says AT&T its a corporate store. If it says anything like at&t authorized retailer, communication connections, or anything of that affect then it is a franchise. Usually you can tell the difference inside the stores too. All live phones vs dummy phones

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Also my brother might give me his upgrade and stick with his dumbphone. If I do that is he stuck with a data plan or will it drop off when he goes back to a dumbphone (assuming we do this in a store)? Basically is there ever a situation where a data plan is part of the contract?

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Also my brother might give me his upgrade and stick with his dumbphone. If I do that is he stuck with a data plan or will it drop off when he goes back to a dumbphone (assuming we do this in a store)? Basically is there ever a situation where a data plan is part of the contract?

It would be best to do it in the store. We can do cross upgrades so the data plan will only be on the number its supposed to be on. Just tell the rep what number has the upgrade available and what number is supposed to get the phone. They will take care of the rest.

doejoe007

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Something I noticed with WIFI.

When not connected to charger:

On my 900, the WIFI stays on even when device goes to sleep. On my other WP devices the WIFI goes to sleep when device sleeps.

This causes the 900 to drain battery like crazy 30% in 2 hours.

I'm hoping this got fixed in production firmware/OS (I'm still on 8107)

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Something I noticed with WIFI.

When not connected to charger:

On my 900, the WIFI stays on even when device goes to sleep. On my other WP devices the WIFI goes to sleep when device sleeps.

This causes the 900 to drain battery like crazy 30% in 2 hours.

I'm hoping this got fixed in production firmware/OS (I'm still on 8107)

This is a bug. The reason I say this is that have an HTC HD7 and sometimes, under the lock screen, the wi-fi is on and sometimes it disconnects(READ it doesn't shut off, it just disconnects from the network it was on). I am on 8107 also. It was worse with all previous updates. By worse I mean when the phone locked it disconnected right away. With the wi-fi on AND the Zune playing music the battery is down below 10% in under 6 hours.

scrapple

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to. Infact, I'm counting on it. I'll be moving from iPhone to Lumia as well. There were talks on the verge or somewhere i cant remember that once you are grandfathered, you are locked in even for LTE.

you can.. I moved from my 3gs to the Titan, and they kept the unlimited.
I canceled my titan on day 29 of the 30 day return policy, brought it back to the store, and the salesrep said my unlimited will be put back.

dfb8085

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
can the 900 be used for wifi hotspot? I have used aneroid in the past with a work around for free wifi hotspot. Will we be able to do the same on a wp7 device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos