Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T Rep)

Demonic858

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
In addition to the $99 and $36 activation fee, is it true we have to pay sales tax on the retail price of the phone? I'm in California if that makes any difference. Not complaining at all since the $99 price is epic but just want to know how many pennies to bring on the 8th when I pick up at the MS Store (yes, I preordered). :)

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
to add I'm at 99% charge after about 1 hour off charge just downloading apps over WiFi now and the phone told me I have 1 day and 12 hours of bat life left

That really doens't matter. My HD7 gets similar battery life on WiFi (1 day, 3 hours off the charger before i got to 5% a few days ago with moderate to heavy use on WiFi and lots of music streaming).

We need to know what the battery life is on HSPA+/LTE to know if it's worth it, especially with no removeable battery which already stinks to me :p

Problem with most LTE devices is not the WiFI battery life but the fact that they die a few hours after you leave WiFi and have to use them on the mobile/LTE network. But you know that already :p

Does it at least have more than 16GB internal storage? Maybe that can sway me...

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
In addition to the $99 and $36 activation fee, is it true we have to pay sales tax on the retail price of the phone? I'm in California if that makes any difference. Not complaining at all since the $99 price is epic but just want to know how many pennies to bring on the 8th when I pick up at the MS Store (yes, I preordered). :)

I can't see where that is the case. If you get a "free" phone from AT&T (or other carriers) you do not pay the sales tax for the retail price.

Update: I checked to see how much I paid for my wife's free Inspire 4G from Best Buy - with case, screen protector, charger, and activation, it was $48.60 - it is a $399.99 phone, so sales tax would have been around $44, so I definitely didn't pay retail sales tax.

Last edited:

NeighbrhoodPush

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

In CA you pay the tax on the full price of the phone upfront. So youd pay $99 plus tax on the full price of the phone which is $549. Your total out the door price would be about $200 bucks (not a math major.)

In other states you pay the phones sales tax on your monthly bill.

iViz

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
In CA you pay the tax on the full price of the phone upfront. So youd pay $99 plus tax on the full price of the phone which is $549. Your total out the door price would be about $200 bucks (not a math major.)

In other states you pay the phones sales tax on your monthly bill.

You will end up paying taxes off the RETAIL PRICE of the phone. In this case, $449.99. The phone will come out to about $135 with taxes.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Can a phone purchased outright be swapped within 30 days? And/or is that swap possible with an active GoPhone account or with postpaid only?

Totally worth the $35 to use a 900 for a month then get a brand new phone :p

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
question for other at&t employees out there...have you been able to get visual voicemail? When I first booted the phone up i got a message about my voicemail not being set up. I didnt know this phone had visual voicemail. how can i set this up? is it something on the COU website?

Also I'm having issues billing apps to the cou account. I get an error when I click buy. I had no problems before I jumped into the Lumia. Have you guys had this issue? If so how can I fix it? I attached a photo so you could see it. Thanks

dfb8085

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know about the wifi hotspot work around on the 900 or any wp7 device? I got to know before I will even consider a move to any new platform.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Sales Tax will vary from state to state. As mentioned, in CA, you will pay taxes on the retail price. So 8.75% on the retail price of 449.99 in my area in CA.

If i wanted to get the phone in Greenville South Carolina, I would pay taxes 6% (i think) on the discounted price of $99.

Imagine if the phone was $0, no tax in Greenville.

balla2g2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
question for other at&t employees out there...have you been able to get visual voicemail? When I first booted the phone up i got a message about my voicemail not being set up. I didnt know this phone had visual voicemail. how can i set this up? is it something on the COU website?

Also I'm having issues billing apps to the cou account. I get an error when I click buy. I had no problems before I jumped into the Lumia. Have you guys had this issue? If so how can I fix it? I attached a photo so you could see it. Thanks

Did u make sure to switch out ur cou device on the cou site. Check ur features and make sure your remove purchase blocker is still active. Did you hook the lumia up to your PC and have Zune updated and installed. I download and bought soinc 4 episode I today on my cou account no problems.

About vv I did remember reading something about it. I paid it no mind tho. I'll look into it a little later. Hope I helped.

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Did u make sure to switch out ur cou device on the cou site. Check ur features and make sure your remove purchase blocker is still active. Did you hook the lumia up to your PC and have Zune updated and installed. I download and bought soinc 4 episode I today on my cou account no problems.

About vv I did remember reading something about it. I paid it no mind tho. I'll look into it a little later. Hope I helped.

Yea I had to swap my sim, since I needed a micro, and imei on the cou site. The Zune part was a little confusing to me. I have a mac so I used my wifes old PC laptop to install Zuneand all seemed to go well. My Lumia is listed under my devices along with the original Focus I used for about a week last February. The purchase block was off when I had my Galaxy S II, Vivid, and the Note so that shouldnt have changed. I'm off til Fri but I will have someone log in for me to check tomorrow. If you can think of anything else please let me know. There are several apps I want to buy! Thanks

Last edited:

mhopii

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
AT&T reps,

I was told in my AT&T store you all no longer offer 1 year contracts? Is this right? There were articles written a year ago about them existing.

I would like to get the Lumia 900 for just a year! 2 years just seems so long in the smartphone world.

Why is AT&T raising the no-contract and one-year contract pricing of phones? | PhoneDog

To my knowledge we can do a 1 yr contract on a new activation just not an upgrade. That would make the cost of the phone $250 more for a total of $350. We rarely get this request so I could be off a lil bit. I just know it gives us the option in the system I just never use it. Maybe someone else here has more accurate info?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb